San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Curious as to what her GPA was and if she was a resident.

California resident, NorCal. GPA, 3.7, undeclared major.

2 Likes

Son is really hoping for SDSU. He’s gotten acceptances at other state schools but his heart is set on SD…. Chances of getting in with a 3.4??

4 Likes

Is the 3.4 GPA the Capped Weighted CSU GPA?

According to the 2022-23 common data set, the average GPA was 3.87 and only 7.8% of the applicants admitted had a GPA of 3.25-3.49 on a 4.0 scale

2 Likes

Thank you for this info! Keeping fingers crossed!!

3 Likes

@Momof2SC
That is great to hear because I have one at UCD, and it looks like my second will be going to SDSU. She was accepted in January as undeclared which is better for her than the majors she picked for the UC’s. There’s so many majors to choose from at SDSU. I’m a little worried because the campus seems much different than UCD, which we are already familiar with. I was hoping mine could go to the same school but I’m glad to hear your experience, sounds great! :blush:

Any idea when the next wave of decisions will come out?

I have kids at 2 different colleges (SDSU & CPSLO) and originally wanted them to go to the same school but it didn’t work out that way. Love that we have 2 great places to visit instead of one. Being out of ur comfort zone can have advantages. Good luck to your DD.

3 Likes

So this scale is using unweighted GPA’s right? Since it says it’s on a 4.0 scale.

1 Like

Yes, it is using the unweighted GPA based on the 4.0 scale.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Any guesses as to when the next wave of decisions will come out? We are waiting on SDSU and UCSC.

4 Likes

Hard to wait, right?

3 Likes

Haha. Yes! Fellow Aztec here. Crazy how competitive it has gotten!

3 Likes

not fun

1 Like

Same here! Both my husband and I attended SDSU in the 90’s. I got in early with a 3.5 gpa and my husband got in with a 2.5 gpa! Crazy how competitive SDSU is now!

1 Like

My dad got into UT Austin by signing his name and paying $25. Yep. Times have changed.

4 Likes

Are acceptances only sent out from March 8-17ish? Or can be they sent out until March 31st?

1 Like

Decisions can continue throughout March. April 1 is the target date to have all decisions posted.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard anything from SDSU for Nursing?