San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

I applied for Art History at SDSU, and I still haven’t heard anything. Two of my friends applied there, I believe both for STEM majors. This was back in January and February. Are they doing STEM majors first, and then non-STEM majors?

No, they do some early admits in January/February but the majority of decisions will be posted this month.

2 Likes

Percentage of applicants who applied OOS that are accepted is 82%. Percentage of in state who apply that are accepted is 32%.

Can you cite your source?

My source is here: Workbook: Application_with systemwide

what day do you think we will start getting admissions?

Thank you but the data quoted is 2 years old for the class of 2024. The data I quoted was more recent which shows the OOS admit rate has dropped. Still higher than than in-state but OOS enrollment is lower.

Edited: College Transitions is a wonderful site for a student that is beginning their research on colleges, but some of the information is out of date so I would recommend that all applicants check the specific college website for the most current information.

2 Likes

On the Parents SDSU page, the administrators said they heard 3/14 for regular admissions. I hope that’s correct.
Good Luck, the wait is brutal.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the update!

Governor Newsom is tying funding to UC’s and Cal States to admit more in-state student so the stats for OOS will be changing. Amidst Pressure To Admit More In-State Applicants, UC Schools Implement Sweeping Changes

2 Likes

The criteria that is important isn’t “percentage of applications admitted”, it’s percentage of admitted OOS/In State. There are going to be significantly more applicants from in-state than out, and most likely more highly qualified. If one out of state applied and they admitted one in, it would be 100% for OOS. Doesn’t really mean anything in the big picture. I’m concerned with “out of the number of spaces available, how many went to CA residents”. Does this make sense?

1 Like

SDSU is my daughter’s dream school. Curious how some people found out early their children got accepted? Was that a surprise or did you “apply “ for early decision?
Thanks!

2 Likes

I have twins for with decent GPA’s one got early acceptance from SDSU and the other hasn’t heard yet. The one that got accepted did not sign up for early admission. She did receive an email saying she got in early for excellent academics. 4.5 and 4.3 weighted GPA’s

3 Likes

My son got early acceptance to SDSU. I do not believe they have any type of ED/EA - so it was a surprise to him. (Stats are in my prior post in this thread). Good luck on an acceptance soon!

2 Likes

Son received admission from SDSU in January… Just applied regular… OOS

1 Like

Wouldn’t major apply here as well?
Especially applying to CS, Business or Nursing?I can’t imagine an OOS applicate with a 3.5 applying to Business is getting a admin over a 4.3 IS application.

Here is some data from 2021:
94,078 Freshman applicants In-state
30,342 admitted
9,951 enrolled

12,213 Freshman applicants non-resident
7,226 admitted
1,816 enrolled.

2 Likes

SDSU had one or two waves where they accepted kids with really high stats early (it was not early decision - all the kids applied at the same time). The rest of the decisions should be out next week. We are still waiting.

2 Likes

No, they do some early admissions to high stat kids. Most are asked to apply to Webers Honors College, though anyone can apply and there’s tons of very high stat kids that don’t hear until March.

3 Likes

This is the same for us.

One twin got early admit 4.0/4.7 and the other did not 3.95/4.6 both for business but different concentrations.

4 Likes