San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

The “home” pages for College Confidental re: the two CA state systems (CSU and UC) have countdown clocks based on prior years’ release dates but don’t put much stock in them. It’s not a confirmed thing and I think it’s automated.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I agree with this - can safely characterize that page as “widely inaccurate”. With the exception of Slo and SDSU I think all of the CSUs are rolling or multiple waves starting in Dec/Jan. This is our 3rd (and final) round through the college ap game and Jr. received SFSU, CSUN, Fullerton, Fresno, Chico, Sac State CS acceptances in Jan/Feb and CPP CIS on 3/1. Waiting on SLO and SDSU and then it’s on to the decision phase!

3 Likes

Do we think they will come out today?

EXCUSE ME!!! WHAT THE FREEEEEAKKK!!! I WAS EXPECTING THIS SINCE 10 IN DA MORNIN! AND MY FRIENDS AND I WERE ALL COUNTING DOWN​:tada: but…., YOU GUYS SCAMMED US! TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! DO BETTER! gosh….:frowning::roll_eyes::-1:

1 Like

Please explain Stacy.

1 Like

I believe they are referring to the countdown timeer listed on this page which is based on last’s years admission timeline. No confirmation for this year.

@Stacy_Kim if you have an issue, then you should contact CC admins.

3 Likes

good question - Cal Poly SLO just came out and we were hoping to see SDSU today as well. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I really hope so!

1 Like

does anyone think that decisions could still come out today? or do we think they will have to wait until next week?

1 Like

SDSU would not be posting decisions this late. Usually they start around 3 PM PST so probably next week.

5 Likes

I called admissions this morning. They said next week.

9 Likes

We are still waiting on SDSU but need some info. Since SDSU does a pre-major admit for Comp Sci, does it mean that declaring a major is as simple as maintaining a specific GPA and completing prerequisite courses to declare and get a major status . (So if this is done successfully, is student guaranteed that major??) Or does this mean, student would again need to compete with others for a fixed number of Comp Sci seats? This always confuses me.

My kid has got into SJSU for Comp Engineering…I understand that some classes are prerequisites/required classes for major specific classes. But to my knowledge this is a direct admit?

Any info would be appreciated.

If you meet the GPA and course requirements, then yes the student has declared the major. No paperwork involved and then they are allowed to sign up/take the upper division major courses.

1 Like

@Gumbymom Thank you !

1 Like

@Gumbymom Follow up question…since it appears that both SDSU and SJSU etc would have prerequisites to take upper div courses toward the major, why then do some colleges pitch admission as pre-major (e.g SDSU, CSULB) vs direct admit (SJSU)? Is there any nuanced difference or just some trying to set more realistic expectations than others?

At least for San Diego state, they have more students that want declare the CS major than they accommodate so having the Pre-major requirements help weed out only the serious CS students.

Their requirement of a C or higher in the lower division pre-req courses is not a difficult hurdle to overcome. My younger son did say that he knew of several CS Pre-majors whom ended up changing due to either not meeting the requirements or just lost interest in the pursuing the major.

1 Like

My son (OOS) was admitted to SDSU a few weeks ago, 3.4 GPA. So it is possible :slight_smile:

5 Likes

SDSU accepts 82% OOS and 32% residents. Congratulations.

Not sure where you found the admit data but I have 59% for OOS and 30% for in-state. Based on the Cal state Dashboard. OOS admits are always higher since yield is lower mainly due to OOS costs.

4 Likes