San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

yeah I want to go into finance but I have a 3.9w in state. I saw that the average gpa for business was 3.87

2 Likes

So…that means that they accept some below that for it to be the average. Sounds hopeful.

Sometimes seems a mystery.

Here is a chart of the all the factors considered by each CSU for admissions. Also the common dataset section C7 ranks Very Important factors, Important, Considered and Not considered.

2 Likes

does 3.9w give me a good chance of getting into finance. I saw that it has 48.7% acceptance rate. my application says 25 years

Your chances depend upon how you compare to the Finance major applicant pool which varies from year to year. You will know soon enough. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Anyone hear about nursing program decisions for freshman’s yet??

Wondering the same thing! :grinning:

1 Like

@Nevaeh_29
Last year, Nursing admits heard March 8. No special insider knowledge, but this week seems the most likely for more decisions. SDSU hit another record number of Freshman applications this year. Best of luck to all.

3 Likes

Looks like for SDSU, Engineering major is not as tough as business/nursing/biology majors to get in. Any ideas when the decision comes out for the rest of students? Still waiting…

1 Like

The issue is that the acceptance rates may be higher for Engineering than other majors, but since SDSU admits by major, you do not know the academic stats of the Engineering applicant pool vs. other majors. Also there is always some self selection with applicants when it comes to competitive majors.

Decisions hopefully should be posting this week.

It is rolling basis?

2022 Timeline: Regular admission trickle starting March 8, 2022 with mainly Nursing majors followed by a larger admit wave on March 11. Some Waitlisted and Denials starting March 17.

1 Like

Did any larger wave release yet for this year? Thanks!

1 Like

Other than the large wave of early admits in January, there has been a few acceptances trickling out since then but mostly OOS admits. The majority of applicants will hear in March.

3 Likes

Thank you Gumbymom for all the information that you share. I have been reading your posts since 2019 when my oldest daughter was applying for college.
I’m on my last kid. So much suspense for SDSU. My daughter really wants to attend nursing at SDSU since my wife and I both graduated from there.

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat! Three cycles starting in 2019 and this is the last one! Finally! We’re almost done!

5 Likes

Good luck to you CaDad69 (and everybody here, of course). Yup, did this in 2019, 2020 and now for the last kid.

2 Likes

Same! My oldest just graduated this December and this is my last with my twins.

2 Likes

Last for me too.

2 Likes