San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Are some decisions coming out today?

Nvm, I just saw an answer

1 Like

What did you see? At some point on this thread, the 14th was mentioned.

1 Like

Its probably today, later in the day.

3 Likes

My D has a 3.7 with some APs, volunteer hrs, works part time and lots of school extras including varsity sports. What are the chances? She was declined CSULB, admitted to Fullerton. Waiting also on Cal Poly although I think that one will be a no. She got into like 8 OOS schools which are $$. I cant believe this is so hard I literally signed up to go to a CSU in my day and SD was super easy to get into. Thoughts? 3.7 seems low compared to many others but shouldnt be for a CSU.

3 Likes

With the CSU’s, admission is very dependent upon Intended major and if the student is local (within local service area). The average CSU capped weighted GPA for admitted students for 2022 was 3.97. Her chances will depend upon how she compares to her major applicant pool. SDSU posts admit rates by major but not GPA data for each major.

1 Like

Is that her CSU-weighted GPA?

I think its higher
but not much. Communications is Major

For 2022, 795 applicants for General Communications, 441 admitted and 130 admits. Again this data does not show the strength of the applicant pool.

2 Likes

Do you have info on Journalism?

1 Like

Journalism: 622 applicants, 357 admits, 63 enrolled.

2 Likes

I applied for the Psychology major, have a CSU GPA of 3.8~3.9, have a decent amount of volunteer, am a varsity player for all 4 years, I have a part time job, and am an active member of a club. I also take several AP and honors classes. But I dont really stand out much compared to others in my age group. Do I still have a shot? Also does anyone know the approximate date that they will release decisions.

How about for Psychology?

Biology?

Does SDSU consider the EC/job hours like SLO?

Issues with the CSU application since you cannot list in detail your EC’s, volunteering information etc
. CSU’s mainly admit based on CSU GPA, HS course rigor, # of a-g courses, local service area, first generation status etc
 I can only post statistical data as I stated above no one other than admissions knows the strength of each major applicant pool.

No specific date for decisions, hopefully this week.

Psychology is one of the most popular majors at SDSU.
6311 applicants, 1811 admitted, 362 enrolled.

thank you!

Do you happen to know the stats for physics?

Our college counselor suggested applying undeclared
 wonder if that was a big mistake

2 Likes

Is there data for business admin marketing?

1 Like