San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

205 apps / 131 admits

1 Like

@Beth_Thom @Sherrie_Aland @jBliq

Here is the link to applications/admits and enrolled by major for 2022.

https://asir.sdsu.edu/admission-data/applications-by-major/

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you have this for Cal Poly SLO as well?

For Cal Poly, they offer target projections so they have estimates of applicants vs spots available. Also the admit rate is not known for each major since all schools admit more students than actually enroll. I can PM the link for the target projections since I do not want to derail this discussion.

2 Likes

anyone have any idea what time they’ll supposedly be out today?

6 Likes

So when CSUs talk about average admitted GPA, it is CSU weighted ot unweighted GPA? Admitted rate does not give you a clear picture as admitted GPA, since admitted rate really depends on the application pool.

The CSU’s use the Capped weighted CSU GPA for admissions purposes with exception of Cal Poly SLO which has their own GPA calculation.

Thanks! If it is weighted GPA, it is not as crazy as UC. Good luck to all of us! Stay positive!

1 Like

How do you know all of this? @Gumbymom , you are an amazing resource for all of us! Thank you so much for your time and patience. 🫶🏻

10 Likes

Do we think today or Friday is the day for decisions?

1 Like

I guess we will find out at 3 pm? Does anyone know when they released the March batch last year?

1 Like

Indeed thank you🙏

Yes, March admits mainly nursing posted on the 8th followed by all majors on the 10th. Waitlists on March 18 and Denials on March 30.

1 Like

Years of research pays off unfortunately every school is different and many not forthcoming with information.

2 Likes

Why 3pm?

Schools like to release decisions near the end of the work day so they do not have answer phones from unhappy applicants. That is how I would do it… if I worked in admissions.

5 Likes

No decisions today I guess :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Sigh.

2 Likes

This is so strange. My daughter admission notice a few weeks ago at SDSU and SJSU but still waiting to hear back from SLO. Looks like each school has its own standard even within calstate system.

1 Like