San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thank you–she’s not sure yet–we are planning a Spring break week (first week of April) to tour some colleges in southern CA she’s been admitted to. . .she hasn’t toured SDSU yet. I would LOVE to live in San Diego. . .

2 Likes

Didn’t even realize they released or were releasing, but surprise though, got into aerospace

1 Like

ugh! I’m still waiting on an answer for Global Composition, Music Recording Technology, and Audio Design.

Did they not get the video?

1 Like

Still waiting and not feeling optimistic. 4.1, 3 sports, volunteer and work experience, applied to psych… CA non-local. Friends with lower GPAs admitted (and one who is kind of a mean kid so that stings) some early and some yesterday so feeling like it’s over.

Has SDSU sent out any emails yet? Or is everyone just checking their portal?

1 Like

Most were checking their portals but some received emails. Rule of thumb, portal first then email.

1 Like

My son checked his portal. Two years ago, my daughter found out via email.

1 Like

Comparing GPAs isn’t a good measure if they didn’t apply to the same major.

I don’t think (or at least I hope!) they are done yet. Yesterday’s acceptance posts - both here and on Reddit- seemed really light. I’m not ready to give up hope yet :smiley:. Good luck to your son!

8 Likes

My son hasn’t heard yet for Civil Engineering.
CSU GPAs: 4.0/4.36/4.64

At least, he hasn’t received an email. I’m not sure if he’s checked his portal, but I don’t want to tell him to if no decision is there.

1 Like

So far only admits have posted so no Waitlists or Denials. Make sure you check the Spam/Junk email folder. Some admits have posted they never received an email.

5 Likes

My student was Accepted in the portal but with just one line Congrats you’re accepted. No email. Econ/Quant Analysis major, 4.7.

1 Like

Congratulations! Was this acceptance today or yesterday?

My son just got an email. It says:
“Big News Awaits!”
“We know you’ve been waiting for your admissions decision, and the day is finally here! Are you ready for the next step of your SDSU journey?”

I’ll wait to hear from him after he checks his portal, but it seems like an acceptance email.

Edited to add: Son confirmed acceptance.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Was the email time stamped today already or yesterday?

2 Likes

Congrats! Can you post major and stats?

1 Like

The email came in around 9:00 am this morning PST.

2 Likes

Was there a personal video when she opened her portal? My OOS D was accepted in January and there was a video with her name throughout letting her know.

3 Likes

Completely agree. My daughter made it in as a Liberal Studies major because she wants to teach. She is an in-state student but her weighted GPA is a 3.98; CSU GPA is 4.0; She is ASB Vice President, 300+ hours community service, varsity athlete 3 years. Since they don’t look at any of that I know she wouldn’t have gotten in with other majors (nursing, psych, etc.). It’s a mix of the candidate pool to the major. She didn’t get into Cal Poly, my alma matter.

Major: Civil Engineering
CSU GPAs: 4.0 unweighted, 4.36 w/capped, 4.64 fully weighted
Number of A-G classes: 24
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 12
In-State/OOS/International: In-state

5 Likes