My major is nursing !

Still waiting for SDSU also

but here are my other schools!
CSULB: accepted
UCLA: waitlisted
UCI- rejected

fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Gumbymom, is this common for SDSU to release acceptances, waitlists, but no denials at this point? Just curious if the pattern is similar to SLOā€¦

1 Like

When it comes to the majority of CSUā€™s, they have their own timeline which can change from year to year. Normally, SDSU will do 2 admit waves, followed by waitlists and denials later. This year it has been a slow release of admits along with waitlists. I cannot tell you if there will be any more admits or waitlists to come.

Here is the timeline from last year: Regular admission trickle starting March 8, 2022 followed by a larger admit wave on March 11. Some Waitlisted and Denials starting March 17.

2 Likes

what area are you guys in? im waiting for nursing as well and i live in norcal

2 Likes

Waiting for nursing too, im located in central california

1 Like

DD was waitlisted at SDSU, USD, Pepperdine, UCI, SLO, UCSC
Denied at UCLA, UCSD
Accepted UW, Michigan

Heartbreaking! Not a single in state school. Shouldnā€™t be this difficult for these highly, highly qualified kids.

7 Likes

I agree and feel so frustrated for the kids and parents regarding in state schools.

My son was accepted into Business school at
University of Oregon
University of Arizona (academic scholarship)
Oregon State
Cal State Fullerton (Honors)
Western Colorado (football and academic scholarship)

Denied-
UCLA
UCSD
UCDAVIS

Hasnā€™t heard so assuming denial
SDSU
SLO

Waiting on nursing in SoCal

2 Likes

Agree it shouldnā€™t be this hard but wanted to say for whatever it is worth to you, the 2 acceptances your daughter got are extremely competitive and selective schools so she should be VERY proud and excited for that. Those are coveted spots!

9 Likes

Hoping and praying they all end up where they are meant to be. Just feel so down for all of these kids getting blow after blow.

Congratulations to all of the kids getting accepted today! HUGE accomplishment(s).

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. Absolutely excited about the acceptances. She is just my kid that wanted to be close to home. Everything happens for a reason.

Hope your kids (twins?) have faired well.

My son was admitted yesterday, Econ major/Quant Analysis. 4.6 gpa, lots of honors, 5 AP classes, 2 DE. In state.

3 Likes

They have done ok. Some ups an downs for sure.

They both decided not to open their UCā€™s from today until tomorrow. They wanted to enjoy their Friday night they said. :rofl: Told them the decision is the same tomorrow as it is today. Weā€™ve waited this long, so what is one more day.

When it is all said and done, I at least know they are going to college.

5 Likes

Waiting on nursing too, SoCal

3 Likes

Does anyone know if out of state and international student decisons are made after instate applicants? Or are the deciosns released at once?

1 Like

My son has similar situation for engineering major

Accepted
Oregon State (WUE)
CSU Fullerton
Colorado school of Mines
UC Merced

Denied
All top 6 UCs
SDSU
SJSU

Waitlisted
CSU Long Beach
UC Santa Cruz
Santa Clara University

Still waiting result
UC Riverside
Cal Poly Pomona
Cal Poly SLO (assume denied)

SLO and SDSU are the top 2 at CSU system. They are as competitive as mid Tier UC.

I knew that it is very competitive for CA high ranked public school, so I have my son applied 2 OOS schools and 1 private school as backup. The results are lower than what I expected but as least my son has choices :-).

I will let him make the final decision after the rest of the results came out including community college route (transfer to UC 2 years later).

Good luck to all and stay positive!

5 Likes

oh noā€¦ does this means rejections are starting to be released?

1 Like

My son told me he was rejected at SDSU tonight. Let me ask him tomorrow. Hope he was confused with SDSU and UCSD.

I know of several kids that were rejected today at sdsu in undeclared, business and CS. My sonā€™s portal still has not been updated so we are in limbo. All of these kids had solid GPAs 4.2 through 4.5

1 Like

There have been denials today, they just arenā€™t being posted.

4 Likes