San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Waitlisted: Business Administration/Marketing
In-state, not local
4.25 CSU GPA, 3.92 UW GPA
12 AP/honors classes
Accepted at Cal Poly SLO, UC Davis, UCSC, U Oregon (direct admit to business college)

3 Likes

Has anyone gotten in for Bio or other capped majors?

1 Like

3/17/23 (via portal at 4:03pm; email at 5:03pm)

D23 Waitlisted for Undeclared
UW CSU GPA: 4.0
W GPA: n/a - no weighted classes offered
In-State: small, public alternative school in Bay Area
ECs: good
Work: yes, ongoing PT job since 7/2022
Accepted: UC Davis, UCSC, University of Oregon, Lewis & Clark, San Francisco State University, San Jose State University
Waitlisted: UCSD, San Diego State University
Rejected: UCLA, University of Washington (Seattle)

1 Like

What were her stats?

We checked the portals this morning, he was rejected by UCSD. Still no update for SDSU. When I look at the stats on this forum, I believe that it will be either waitlisted or rejected.

Good luck to all and stay postive! At least the waiting part is almost over, so I can move on to the next step with my son for his college path :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hmm i don’t think so because i haven’t gotten anything!

hopefully there is one more wave of acceptances!

10 Likes

has someone spoken to admissions to see if they’re sending out another acceptance wave ?

2 Likes

FWIW, in speaking with the School of Nursing yesterday, I was told notifications would go into next week.

7 Likes

Did they specify if it was all kinds of decisions or just rejects and waitlist

1 Like

I was told it would also include acceptances.

10 Likes

I don’t think the individual departments have any real insight on when decisions will post.

We still have no decision on the portal for applied physics. My son is heavily leaning toward another school, so he’s fine with it, but as an SDSU alum, I’m surprised by the odd roll out this year.

2 Likes

My daughter was admitted yesterday (out of state - WA) to nursing. I think acceptances are rolling out. Good luck!

5 Likes

Has anyone been accepted for psychology? Waitlisted? Denied? My daughter is still waiting for a response. This is so stressful.

Daughter got waitlisted yesterday. Heard lots of acceptance/waitlist from yesterday’s release. Good luck! Keep the faith

1 Like

My kid also waiting for psych, assuming not accepted at this point as his stats match some that have been rejected (4.1, good ECs, 3 varsity sports, etc, top 9% in CA on UC scale, not 1st gen which is apparently not good enough at this point). He has a friend who has a 3.7 or something with fewer ECs/sports who was accepted in early wave (different major though) so it doesn’t make sense. Sigh
He would LOVE to go there and was rejected from UCLA, UCSD, UCI, no decision from SLO, UCSB but assuming also not getting in there. Likely headed out of state- good scholarship offer at U of Az. so…

2 Likes

for psych?

Cal states admit by major so you cannot compare different students with different majors. Psychology is highly impacted and one of the most applied majors at SDSU.

2 Likes

Can anyone speak to how competitive declaring engineering majors are, as a sophomore? DS23 admitted to pre-computer engineering. Is it super competitive, weed out classes and all that, or pre-majors that have the min sdsu gpa all get admitted to major? Thanks

After probably getting rejected from SDSU my son will also head to U of A since they offered such a nice scholarship. Seems like a great school and everything works out for a reason I guess. My husband and I both attended sdsu and my son dreamed of going there but he is getting excited about U of A.

3 Likes