San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Confused… are you in state or OOS for the application?

Local CA resident

1 Like

OP is part of the Compact success program which guarantees admission to SDSU with the exception of these programs: Nursing, Music, Dance, and Theatre: if they meet the requirements.

https://sacd.sdsu.edu/cepos/compact-for-success/compact-requirements

Are SDSU acceptance decisions out for everyone or only for selected batches ?

1 Like

Most admits will be notified in March. @NoCaDad in the past, SDSU has notified a small percentage of applicants in December. This did not happen this year, but it appears they may be slowly accepting a few early applicants now prior to the March decisions.

1 Like

Decision: Accepted (1/24/23)

CSU Capped Weighted GPA: 4.00
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 19 completed, 4 in progress, 4 Honors
Intended Major: Pre Physical Therapy/Kinesiology
Local/Non-local: Local CA resident

4 Likes

I know of 2 OOS that just came in today, so it not related to Compact to Success Program

1 Like

Seeing both in state and OOS getting notifications.

My kids are at school waiting to hear from them.

1 Like

Decision: Accepted
OOS
Business
CSU Capped: 4.3
Not sure re: approved Honors/AP etc.

3 Likes

Apparently the Early admits are starting to post now, contrary to what others were saying on the Parents FB page. When it comes to the CSU’s, it is impossible to predict their decision timelines and it does change from year to year.

I noted the Compact for Success program just to explain this early acceptance since I have not seen any OOS acceptances posted here on CC but then I have not kept up with all the social media sites where students would be posting their acceptances.

5 Likes

Curious to know if your student got a notification that a decision was made or did they just go into their portal and see the decision?

Usually the decisions show up in the portal first followed by an email.

2 Likes

My daughter just got it! No email. I just told her to check her portal after seeing this thread :rofl:.

We are OOS

6 Likes

Email first

2 Likes

@gumbymom
nothing on our end.
so early acceptances done ?
rest will know in march then.

They may still be rolling out decisions throughout the day. As I stated above, the CSU’s seem to change it up all the time when it comes to their decision timelines. After being an active poster on CC for the last 10 years, nothing can be predicted or should be expected other than having a CSU decision by end of March.

2 Likes

Congrats! So you must be in SUHSD.

My son was accepted to the Engineering program today. We are OOS.

4 Likes

Can you post your son’s stats/information if possible for other CC posters? Congratulations to your son.

Does anyone know how to see if you got in to a specific major? Also is there a letter, I only got a video acceptance.