San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

From reading past years threads, it looks like SDSU sent early acceptances to OOS (and some in state - local) students the day before they sent early acceptances to in state - non local students. Hopefully we’ll have more in state acceptances tomorrow.

3 Likes

Daughter just admitted to Television, Film and New Media Studies Production. OOS (NY) 4.2 CSU.

She was so excited about the personalized video.

3 Likes

SDSU admits into the major so you are admitted based on the selection you listed on the CSU application.

Also wanted to add that most students will be admitted into a “Pre-Major” and need to complete the required Pre-req courses and GPA to fully declare that major.

2 Likes

are you CA resident ?
do post when you get decision
thanks

1 Like

OOS state acceptance to Psychology

3.96 weighted/ 3.82 unweighted

3 Likes

Yes CA, non local. I’ll post if I hear anything.

5 Likes

Son accepted Graphic Design - OOS - 4.2 CSU

5 Likes

Assume this is into the TFM pre-major?

I believe she has to take two required classes with Bs and then submit a portfolio sophomore year. I haven’t seen a letter, just the video, which doesn’t specify the major.

OOS accepted to Statistics/Data Science in Applied Arts & Sciences. 4.0 Calculated GPA. Go Aztecs!

4 Likes

Yes on the 2 classes. FYI she will also need a cumulative gpa of at least 3.0 when her portfolio is submitted, but >3.4+ is considered “competitive.” Getting into the Production track is competitive.

We understand but we talked to SDSU at length before applying to make sure it wasn’t so restrictive that she accepts and then wouldn’t get into the program, but they assured me that the vast majority of the pre-majors get in as long as they meet the requirements. She was also accepted into CSUN with the same procedure. Much rather visit her in San Diego then Northridge though,

1 Like

Do you mean the acceptance letter? I can’t see to find one for my son. He received the video and the portal states his acceptance and major, but nothing else. Is there a letter?

csun sent out early decisions?

1 Like

No, we didn’t receive a letter.

My daughter received her decision on December 14. There was no surprise; the email indicated she was admitted. Didn’t even have to log into the portal.

OOS DD just accepted! Email and video notification.

3.67 GPA, no APs, worked part time, and theater experience… Theater Arts major…

Go Aztecs!!!

4 Likes

Decision: Accepted on 1/24/23 at 9:35am PST
CSU Capped Weighted GPA: 4.33
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 5 completed, 3 in progress
Intended Major: Business Marketing
Local/Non-local CA resident/OOS/International: Local CA resident
Go Aztecs!

4 Likes

When did your DD submit her prescreens?

DD accepted for Business. 4.0UW. Lots of extra curriculars and AP’s. OOS applicant.

2 Likes