San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

So I’m assuming only rejections today?

1 Like

looks like it … I havent seen an acceptance today.

1 Like

University of Utah or CU Boulder. In state is not an option as I’m expecting denials from UCSB and SLO

1 Like

Daughter was rejected from Biz Mktg at SDSU :frowning:

Same with my daughter :frowning: In state.

Twin Mom here. One daughter accepted in January early admission for SDSU and other daughter rejected today

4.5 and 4.3 GPA’s,ELC, community service many AP classes as well as multiple classes at cc

Accepted at UCSD, CSUSM,SJSU,CSULB,Boise State

Rejected at UCLA, UCI

Waiting on SLO and UCSB

1 Like

rejected for nursing today
4.33 capped 4.0 uw

rejected: uci ucsd sdsu
wl: ucla
accepted: UCD, UCSC, UCR, CSUF, SFSU, Tulane, Fordham, UM

2 Likes

Same. Sorry.

Thanks - I see the Institutional Research section but don’t see any charts organized or inputting dept GPA - can you point me to that?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that things may not work out with an in-state option. However, as a CU alum, I absolutely loved my time in Boulder and think it’s one of the most beautiful and fun places on earth :smile: :heart:

5 Likes

An OOS friend of my daughters was admitted (early even) with a 3.3!!

What is happening to CA kids who have worked sooo hard is heart breaking.

3 Likes

actually just found it! and yeah 2022 average was 3.8. Honestly I’ve been surprised at how many schools she HAS gotten into given her low GPA. But I guess they are all high admit schools. Looks like we will be forced to go private and spend twice as much since she is not interested in SFSU or SJSU.

she get in?

2 Likes

Is that the CSU capped weighted GPA? Many OOS applicants do not calculate nor post the correct CSU GPA. Even on the UC forums, I have applicants PMing me asking how to calculate their UC GPA’s. Definitely do not jump to conclusions based on some of the posted stats on CC.

1 Like

The average GPA was 3.87 for 2022 across all Colleges. Just pointing out the chart Notes indicate this is for Enrolled First time Freshman, versus avg GPA for all Applicants or Admits.

https://asir.sdsu.edu/enrollment-data/new-student-academic-indicators-data-table/

1 Like

Admit GPA was 3.97 last year vs enrolled at 3.87,

2 Likes

My DS20 is at CU Boulder (Leeds) and loves it. We are from CA. I’ve been very impressed with the school - great education, professors, activities, etc., not to mention how nice it is to live in Boulder and have the mountains nearby.

2 Likes

How are UC and Cal state GPAs different? How’s cal state GPA calculated?

Are the published average GPAs for admits and enrollees an unweighted GPA or CSU (capped weighted) GPA?