San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Rejected for Environmental Science.
Accepted at SJSU, CSLB, CSF, CPP, UCSC, CPH

I was using a chart where you can sort by major but I can’t include links in my posts for some reason :frowning:
anyway dd is not home yet but either she didn’t get in or no word yet…

@ProudSJMomOf2

All CSU’s with exception of Cal Poly SLO use the Capped Weighted CSU GPA in their admission review. A-G course grades taken the summer after 9th through the summer prior to 12th grades with an 8 semester cap for UC approved HS Honors, AP/IB and DE/CC classes.

Unweighted GPA is not considered by the Cal States. Also some campuses do not weight community college classes although the Cal State apply website states the College courses get the extra weighting like Honors, AP and IB classes. For the CSU’s, College courses are reported twice 2 grades for each semester and they receive a 2 point Honors point bump.

The UC’s consider 3 GPA’s in their application review. Unweighted UC GPA (a-g courses taken the summer after 9th to the summer prior to 12th), Capped Weighted UC GPA (8 semester Honors points for UC approved HS Honors, AP, IB, DE/CC courses) and Uncapped Fully weighted with unlimited Honors points in the calculation for the approved courses taken during the 10-11th grades. Also college courses 1 semester are reported with 1 grade and only a 1 point Honors bump.

For OOS applicants, HS designated Honors classes are not UC approved so there is no extra weighting in the CSU or UC GPA calculations. OOS applicants get the Honors point bump for AP/IB and DE classes that are UC/CSU transferable.

4 Likes

Does anyone know how many they accept for the Weber Honors College?

Thanks for confirming the posted GPAs are the CSU capped weighted GPAs. Realizing some majors are more competitive than others, I’m curious to see the stats for 2023 once things shake out. Given all the high-stats applicants (GPA, rigor and # of A-G courses) who got waitlisted at SDSU, I expect to see a significant bump.

1 Like

does anyone know the class of 2027 acceptance rate. IM trying to decide between boulder aerospace or sdsu aerospace

3 Likes

What was the focus for business?

Acceptance rates are usually not posted until they clear the waitlist.

The acceptance rates for SDSU are lower for the university in general than at CU Boulder. HOWEVER, I imagine the aerospace program is much more competitive at Boulder than at SDSU. Boulder is known for their amazing aerospace program and for placing people in great jobs after college.

2 Likes

rejected for nursing
4.5 weighted gpa
in state
took ap chem, anatomy, ap biology total of 4 APS
so sad it was my top choice

1 Like

thats what ive heard. sdsu will be half the price tho

1 Like

That is insane! You should have gotten in! Their loss.

Maybe go on the Reddit thread for each college and ask about the aerospace programs. Then do a cost-benefit analysis. Sometimes the cost of a great program might work itself out in the first five years of your career.

Rejected for nursing. 4.67 weighted gpa 4.1 csu capped. 9 APs and As in almost every course. My top school and in tears :broken_heart:. Had a gut feeling it would be a rejection too.

Accepted into CSULB!! Go beach now I guess!!

4 Likes

I’m so sorry, but I know people who have gone to Cal State Long Beach and loved it! Congrats!

2 Likes

I agree. the cu program is super vigorous tho - seems almost like a grad program more than an undergrad. CU might be better statistically but if I’m gonna drop out it’s prob not worth! lol

You’re going to love LB - and its actually way closer to the beach vs. inland SDSU!

4 Likes

You got a great school​:purple_heart::pray::butterfly:

3 Likes

Makes sense. :slight_smile: Good luck on your decision!

Plus, a very cool food scene going on in Long Beach!

5 Likes