San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

We are WL for Physics at LB Going to see this week. But in at CPP so that is probably top choice.

1 Like

Congrats on Cal Poly Pomona!

Did a CPP tour today! Great looking campus and the gym (aka the BRIC) get’s a 10/10 from our kid!

5 Likes

That is great!

1 Like

CPP campus is so nice.

1 Like

Rejected for CS finally today. Thought it was odd that my decision didn’t come out yet, when many had already been accepted in the past few months haha.

Stats are: 4.3 capped CSU GPA (4.6 uncapped), 11 APs/5 Honors, top 3% of graduating class.

As I’m in-state, I applied thinking that SDSU would be a valid soft target/safety, especially since I was applying to UCs (of which I got into several of the good ones). Kinda surprised that I didn’t make the cut here, but honestly glad that it worked out well for me in general in the end, and that a spot is going to someone else who probably would care for it more than I did.

6 Likes

I am shocked. Your GPA is amazing. Can I ask What your major was?
Will be very interested to see what the average gpa was for acceptances at State this year. Pretty disappointed in the process.

1 Like

Computer Science (CS). Undoubtedly a competitive major, so that probably played a factor.

In 2021, my daughter only applied to SDSU and CSULB. She had her heart set on SDSU, but didn’t get accepted. She begrudgingly went to CSULB and she LOVES it! She is in her second year and she truly loves CSULB. You have amazing stats and I know it just isn’t fair. I am sorry you didn’t get your top school. I hope you end up loving CSULB!

5 Likes

My niece is a 3rd year Kinesiology major at CSULB and also loving the Beach. She actually chose CSULB over SDSU but I know in your case a direct admit BSN program vs a 2+2 program are completely different options. Best of luck.

2 Likes

I went to CUSLB way back when!

Belmont Shores and Seal Beach areas are amazing. I took my 15 yr old D there when we visited CA. It’s what made her want to go to CA for college.

You’ll have a blast ~ plus they have incredible volleyball, indoor & outdoor.
Lots of beach tournaments~ super fun area.

2 Likes

Nice. Yes we have been looking at the BRIC on line looks lovely. My son is a gym rat so I am sure that could be a big draw.

2 Likes

I had a question; after I was accepted I noticed SDSU said this:

“To accept our offer of admission, you must complete all items in your To Do list. If you do not comply with the requirements indicated, your admission offer will be canceled. Please keep in mind that you must complete, with grades of C- or higher, all course work indicated on your application as in progress or planned, and maintain your reported overall grade point average.”

The last part is what brings up questions, what if I get a B or just took fewer APs this term wouldn’t that drop my GPA?

1 Like

This statement does not mean you need to have the exact GPA upon application. Usually a 1.0 GPA drop during Senior year would be a Red Flag. 1 or 2 B’s in an AP class is a non-issue.

You would have to get D’s or F’s before most school’s would rescind your admission.

If you changed your schedule after submitting your CSU application, you would need to contact SDSU and let them know. If not, then you will be fine.

1 Like

SDSU parent here. Ensure that you enroll in housing by the deadline of 5/1. Lots of kids last year missed the deadline date and their acceptance offer was rescinded. A few kids appealed and won but not everyone. This is the real world you need to meet all deadlines.

5 Likes

Good luck to everyone and their decisions, it’s a stressful time for kids and parents alike. My son had his share of ups and downs and it can be really hard to keep perspective and be positive. Just remember the process is nuts, not you!

3 Likes

I wonder how they deal with waitlisted students. What if you are accepted in June? Is there a target date when students get off the waitlist (if at all).

Schools will keep their waitlist open as long as they need to fill their Freshman class. Not unusual for waitlist admits in June so that is why the Waitlist needs to handled as a soft rejection and applicants need to move on to the schools where they were accepted.

1 Like

yeah

This is shocking. If you can’t get in, who are they admitting?