San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Just going off on a tangent but way to go Aztecs beating the #1 seed Alabama in the NCAA tournament. :smile: :heart:

9 Likes

They beat Alabama?! Go Aztecs!!! Can’t wait to watch the game! (we recorded it.)

3 Likes

It was a great game.

5 Likes

That is so exciting! The kids at SDSU must be going nuts!

2 Likes

Chances are this will increase this year’s Yield a bit. :grinning:

4 Likes

Son was accepted for ME major on 1/25. Last Friday, he was admitted by UCLA . We just realized that we can do a withdraw on SDSU portal and hope the seat goes to an applicant still waiting or on the waitlist.
Best wishes!

6 Likes

thanks a lot.

I just wanted to say that If you got into sdsu and aren’t considering going to please reject the offer. I think it would really help me and many of the other students who’s dream school is sdsu and are stuck on the waitlist. it would really mean a lot! :grin:

2 Likes

@Gumbymom Should I be worried that I haven’t heard back still? I applied as an incoming freshman for nursing and I hear that transfer decisions have started yesterday.

I would email SDSU admissions on Monday and find out what your about your application status. It does seem unusual not to have a decision.

Same! He is deciding between medicine and physical therapy.

2 Likes

Final Four, baby!
:basketball: :tada:

8 Likes

We are wondering too

1 Like

The yield just went through the roof.:joy: I hope they will be able to accommodate housing for all the new Aztecs, as well as the 1,600 extra from last year for the 2 year on campus requirement.

3 Likes

Also wondering!! Does it show up in the Portal or a separate email/post?

I called admissions today because I my daughter still didn’t have a reply (no admission, waitlist or rejection). They said the final releases will come out this week and that it generally happens on Tuesday. She then pretty much said it would come out tomorrow. Not too optimistic about getting accepted but at least we should have an answer!

2 Likes

SDSU doesn’t consider extracurriculars.

It’s suppose to show up in your portal by the end of March, but may run late due to the new my.SDSU system. They will be there before the intent to enroll deadline.

Actually there is a question on the CSU application where you can list EC/Job hours and if there are leadership positions. On the SDSU Common Dataset, EC’s are Considered but not Important or Very Important.

2 Likes

Yes you can list them but they are not generally considered. A lot of applicants rely on ECs helping them but they just don’t. The CSU app isn’t just for SDSU, as we all know.

-Staff at SDSU for 22+ years.

4 Likes