San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

I agree, since you cannot go into detail about the EC’s, it definitely is not a major component of the application review. Thank you for the confirmation.

2 Likes

In 2021, my daughter didn’t hear from admission til 3/31 after all her friends heard acceptances/WL/Denials (I think all before 3/17). She didn’t want to contact Admissions as the website said all notices out by 4/1. She was accepted on 3/31 and is loving her time at SDSU. My point is that there is still a chance! Hang in there.

4 Likes

@Gumbymom Would you say SDSU admissions is easier for out of state students? I read something of that sorts obline but was unsure. It stated that the admission rate for out of state students was higher than that of in state students.

Admit rates for OOS applicants 2022 was 81% but an applicant pool of 7,634. In-state admit rates were 35% with an applicant pool of 69,607.

What the admit rates do not show is how competitive each applicant pool can be and also SDSU was overenrolled last year. This means they probably admitted less students and if they are under enrolled, they may admit off the waitlist for both IS and OOS. Priority goes to IS but it depends upon if they meet their OOS enrollment.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying.

I got an email about my acceptance but there is still nothing in my portal. any idea of what’s going on?

Have you heard any international student is admitted for Economics pls? Thanks vm.

I have not seen any International Econ admits. Have you checked other social media sites?

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten their financial aid info?

No, I was wondering the same.

For any 2023 Admits wanting a sports school, you should seriously consider SDSU.
:basketball: :heart: :black_heart: :basketball:

3 Likes

amazing finish to the NCAA final 4 game just a minute ago. Epic!

6 Likes

Such an exciting game! I’m not sure my son’s choosing SDSU but Congrats to the Aztecs.

2 Likes

I still have a friend who hasn’t heard anything for business administration, any thoughts?

1 Like

Have them contact admissions.

Website says this week. Hopefully early week and not late

delete

Have you heard anything about SDSU enrollment targets for 2023? Trying to understand why they over-enrolled by 1600 last year and the trend for this year may be to alleviate the challenges to housing and resources due to over-enrollment.

I have not heard anything about enrollment targets but when any college campus either UC or CSU are over enrolled the previous year, they usually will admit less Freshman and Transfers the following year. This is were the waitlist is used for Yield Management. If the yield is less than expected, they will make up the gap by admitting off the waitlists. If their yield is higher than expected, then you expect little waitlist movement as seen last year where there no waitlist admits.

For Fall 2022, their Freshman admit rate was on par with previous years but the Freshman applications were up by almost 10,000. Also their yield rate (enrollment) was higher than for the previous 2 years.

2 Likes

Hopefully the deep run in the ncaa men’s basketball tournament does not increase yield, so that we can have more WL movement.

1 Like