SAT scores

<p>Is it true that if you do not have higher than a 1200, math and reading only, you won't get in?</p>

<p>Well there is still a chance you’ll get in, but you had better have a great GPA/ great EC’s.</p>

<p>These days, You might not get in even with a 1300 combined.</p>

<p>It’s a very hollistic evaluation process. Those scores certainly don’t help your chances and in order to get in with that kind of score you’ll likely need something else to bring your application up.</p>

<p>But all hope is not lost. If you look at UM’s common data set ([Common</a> Data Set | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/index.php/pira/pira_content/69101/]Common”>http://www.miami.edu/index.php/pira/pira_content/69101/)) you’ll see that 26% of students were admitted with a critical reading score less than 600 and 17% were admitted with a math scores less than 600.</p>

<p>The CDS is certainly fact. However, I have to believe that it is not so cut and dried. A friend of my DD (now a freshman at another college) was admitted to UM with < 1300 SAT AND offered a merit scholarship. I’m sure she was all around (sports, but not a star, music, community service), and I don’t know her GPA.</p>

<p>I think it’s important to consider (for admittance) your high school’s Naviance, and how you compare to others from your high school who are applying. That seems to make a difference around here (Long Island, NY)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I guess this could be true, if you have a terrible GPA (indicating that you are not working up to your potential), but this kind of comment is really not helpful, IMO.</p>

<p>well I have a great GPA, all A’s and B’s, great resume and hopefully great recommendations (I wouldn’t know since we aren’t supposed to look at them). It’s just that, when it comes to standardized testing, I suck. But, hopefully all the other things that will make me look better will get me accepted because my scores aren’t phenomenal. They aren’t terrible, they just aren’t UM “worthy” I guess.</p>

<p>im in the exact same situation. but ive heard from students that you either need a great SAT score or great grades to get in so hopefully we are okay.</p>

<p>it’s my top choice and I will be so upset if I don’t get in but, I’ll know why because my scores are probably going to suck to this school. I just pray to God that it doesn’t hinder me</p>

<p>what is your combined math and critical reading score?</p>