Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread (NO REPLIES TO OTHER POSTS)

Feeling like 2023 really wants to make a name for itself. :alien::flying_saucer::space_invader:

11 Likes

The yellow left turn signal means YIELD not STOP. Do not sit there and wait through an entire light cycle for a green arrow if there are zero cars coming and the entire intersection is empty.

10 Likes

Please rediscover (or perhaps acquire for the first time) some flexibility and a sense of humor. The superiority gig is getting old.

4 Likes

I didn’t care which team won the game until Dak Prescott was booed for winning Walter Payton Man of the Year. Now I have a clear preference … and it’s not the one whose fans booed.

5 Likes

Gardening is war! I had no idea the nettles were already sprouting until I kneeled down on that ground to weed… YOWL!!! That still hurts.

Quoting yourself looks pretty silly.

What a bunch of idiots.

Apparently it’s one of two very very serious things. There is treatment for both, but it’s lifelong and requires great inconvenience and, in one case, money. Fingers crossed it’s the less expensive diagnosis.

2 Likes

So you suggest a mean-spirited idea but you want someone else to do it. Figures.

Wow. That was fast.

I am trying so hard not to be grumpy, but for YEARS I have been encouraging you to go to a retirement community. But you wanted to stay in your home. You wouldn’t need it. You’d go when you were drooling - your words. And now you want to go to one, but there isn’t a place for you now. You expect so much from me and D and give so little in return. I’m so tired of it but it will never end. H finally understands why I sometimes wish I was the one who died instead.

2 Likes

A reminder that “say it here” posts must still comply with ToS and that this is a no-response thread

1 Like

Zip the lip. Don’t say a word. Ever. Smile and nod. Hum when you have to. Never say a thing about it. Just accept it. Do not not not not not not say a word. Just deal with it. No point in arguing ahead of time so there’s no point in complaining after. Think positive!!

2 Likes

Remember the Starland Vocal Band and “Afternoon Delight”? Fun fact: "“Take Me Home Country Roads” is widely recognized as John Denver’s signature song.

Bill Danoff and his wife, Taffy Nivert, wrote the classic song with help from Denver. … Danoff and Nivert performed with Denver at a club in D.C. called The Cellar Door. One night after a show, the three of them went to go have a “jam fest.” The couple had originally wanted to sell their song to Johnny Cash, but they played it for Denver. He absolutely loved it and the trio stayed up all night changing up the lyrics and creating a masterpiece.

Right before the song’s official release in 1971, Denver sang the completed version for the first time at The Cellar Door. He received a five-minute standing ovation – one of their longest of all time." My husband was at this performance.

21 Likes

When S left for college I reluctantly joined his school’s FB parent group. I assumed it would be helpful to read others’ questions, the feedback shared, etc.

I never anticipated the amount of drama that would be exhibited.

Silly me.

13 Likes

And here we go again. :cry: Active shooter situation at Michigan State, with at least one dead & multiple injured. My S lives in the next town over & he is under the shelter in place order, because the shooter is still on the loose.

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::smiling_face_with_tear::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

You don’t even like staying home by yourself - why are you going on a trip by yourself, to a place that has no pool and no gym. It would have been better to pick a place NOT under “reconsider travel” status with the Dept of State. I know - your friend did it, so you’re going to do it too. You must realize your family will be very worried about you. Please know that people who try to befriend you in that short period are likely NOT doing it to be friendly.

1 Like

Hours and hours spent over the last six month, both my husband and I, trying to get $200 worth of doctor bills paid correctly by the insurance company. So much incompetence by both the insurance company and the doctor’s office. Hopefully, this is finally resolved.

3 Likes

Been working on a renovation for my D since August ‘22 kind of long distance (about 35 miles) - it’s been a bear getting supplies, licensed contractors, permits and more - but we are finally in full swing - we passed all preliminary inspections after several tries, and I see the first color going up in the kitchen this morning and that feels like progress! I’m likely to cry tears of relief and joy when we’re done.

19 Likes