Scholars Program

been invited to be in the scholars program. Does anyone know how difficult it is? Will be majoring in computer science & dont want it to pull my grades down. I do like the advantages it does offer but in the end it is the work load. Also may double major in something else, not sure what yet & hoping this doesn’t take away that possiablilty. I will be going in with a lot of Ap credits & college level classes. Should be at least 30 credits & probably more.

The extra work is very light. Well, this was 5 years ago, but freshman year you have to take one scholars class per semester which is basically a joke as far as workload goes - “how to think like Leonardo Da Vinci” or something like that. Then you need another 2 scholars classes, I believe, but the topics are pretty interesting and it’s meant to be a good discussion rather than something to pull your grades down. I recommend First Amendment with Brian Rose if it’s available - I had such a good time in that class, it was so interesting. The only other major requirement (I THINK) is that you need to do some sort of internship/project but tbh you should be doing that anyway so it was a good motivation to get cracking on that.

@rebeccar thank you. My son is still undecided about where to go & what to do. We are hoping for Binghamton. We think the atmosphere is much more suited for him then the big college he is also considering.