Scholarship advice: Help ASAP

I just applied to UA when someone in the admissions office told me that I was eligible for the Presidential Scholarship regardless of what is stated on the website. I went and visited the next day and fell in love with the campus. This became the place I must go. Then, I was informed that the person in admissions had misinformed me.
Can I apply for the same scholarship for sophomore, junior, and senior year? I apply for the other years with the same stats while other people renew their scholarship.
Otherwise, can I change my application for Spring 2020 and come in as a first-time freshman that applied before December 15 (of 2019) or do I have to wait all the way until Fall of 2020.

I need to make a decision ASAP so any help would be greatly appreciated.

No - the Presidential scholarship is awarded to incoming freshmen. You would have to change your application for Fall 2020, I believe. You may want to withdraw the application before they admit you, or call admissions to check on that. If you need the scholarship, you may need to take a gap year. If you take classes at another college, they might consider you a transfer also.

Call admissions first thing tomorrow to double check but I believe what is stated above is correct. The freshman application would have had to have been in prior to the December deadline for the scholarship offers for Fall of 2019.

What about Spring 2020?

@LinaOaks call admissions this morning and ask. This is specific information you should get from the school directly

I would call admissions and immediately ask to speak to a person in a supervisory role.

I did and they said no. I guess UA wasn’t for me.

UPDATE!!! @LinaOaks received the merit award!!! PM me if you’d also like to be considered.

@LinaOaks

You’ve been given mixed messages from Alabama. And according to Dr. Richard Barth, you are probably eligible for that merit for Fall 2019.

Please send an email to Rick.Barth@UA.edu and tell your story, that based on that info you applied and visited. Include your stats. Mention that you applied based on the info that you were given, that you visited and love the school, but would need the scholarship in order to afford to attend.

Be VERY polite!

Dr. Barth is the VP of Enrollment Admissions. He has emailed me and said that students like you need to contact him directly, by email, and mention that you need the award in order to afford the school. Be polite.

Very likely you’ll get the award.

@LinaOaks

:slight_smile: do you have any GOOD NEWS to announce???

Happily waiting for her to post!!! :wink:

If anyone else is in Lina’s situation (high stats but not yet awarded Bama merit due to deadlines), please send me a PM…

Thanks to @mom2collegekids and Mr. Barth, I got the scholarship! I am happy to announce that I will attend UA this fall. This has been an amazing development. I am so excited!!

Congratulations!!!

Great news @LinaOaks!

And kudos to @mom2collegekids for posting this information, I hope more students were able to benefit!

UA seriously needs to give Mom2collegekids an honorary degree. This lady has been helping highlight UA for years now and deserves attention from the university.