Scholarship Essay and When to apply?

<p>I currently have an ACT score of 29 and have applied to UA. I want to apply for scholarships but plan to raise my score to at least a 30. I have several questions.
-Should I apply for what I can get now ($3500/ year) or wait for a higher score(30= full tuition)?
-If I do apply now and then I recieve a higher score, will my scholarship automatically upgrade?
-Does my community service, leadership, etc. matter if I have a qualifying score?
-If so how much?
-I have heard there is an essay for scholarships. If I don’t want to apply immediately does anyone know what the prompt is for the 2013 fall scholarships for entering freshmen that way I can at least get started on that?</p>

<p>If anyone knows the answers to these questions for sure, I would really appreciate the help.</p>

<p>You are already locked into the scholarship for the ACT 29. I would go ahead and fill out the app. to get it over with. You will be upgraded if you get higher. My DD started off with at 29 also but ended up with a 32.</p>

<p>Just to further clarify… Right now, $3500… that’s the minimum you’ll get. The term “locked in” might suggest that’s the best you can get. 1Bamadad means that you’re locked in to get at least that amount. </p>

<p>Go ahead and apply now. Then submit your new test scores. If you do better, then you’ll get the next level scholarship.</p>

<p>There aren’t essays for these scholarships.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>Make sure you have at least a 3.5 gpa also.</p>