Scholarship Notifications and Financial Aid

<p>Step 1: Accept Admission
In order to apply for a living-learning community, you must have accepted your offer of admission to Virginia Tech.</p>

<p>Step 2: Create a Virginia Tech PID (Personal Identifier)
You will use your university PID and password to begin an application online. We do not offer paper applications.</p>

<p>Step 3: Verify Your Major
Several of our programs (BLSC, Curie, Hypatia, and Galileo) require students to be accepted into a specific major. If your major does not match one of the required majors for a program you will be prevented from applying to those programs. To verify your major please follow these steps: </p>

<p>(You first have to accept the admission- I am still waiting on an acceptance to one more college)</p>

<p>@raclut, I understand that there is a web page that says that. There is also the web page that says you do not have to accept admission before applying to Hypatia. If you go to <a href=“https://systems.housing.vt.edu/”>https://systems.housing.vt.edu/&lt;/a&gt;, at the bottom of the page, click non-PID access, as it says to on the page I referenced earlier. Then use your application number to create a new account and go through the application process. All I can tell you is my S did this for Galileo, he has not accepted the offer of admission yet, and he was invited to join the community; when/if he does accept the offer of admission, then he’ll be able to accept the invitation via housing.</p>

<p>thanks @ailinsh1 , I will give it a try. Right now I am trying to make arrangements to stay there on April 12th. </p>

<p>I created the acount to go through the process, and then signed in. It just took me to the residential life home page which was pretty much blank. I couldn’t go any further. I then did a search and I was back to where I have to accept the offer. I will call the school and ask tomorrow. </p>

<p>@raclut, just FYI, I just had my son log into his account, and he also gets the blank screen now (didn’t before). BUT, under the “Systems” link on the menu bar, if he selects “LLC”, it takes him to his application, where there are tabs for “Personal Info”, “Instructions”, “Program Selection”. Once you select Hypatia on the “Program Selection” tab, it will open up a new tab for you to actually fill in/submit the Hypatia application. </p>

<p>Thanks for your help @ailinsh1. I will try tomorrow morning. Right now I feel I have been on CC more than checking email or facebook. :slight_smile: I’ll be happy when a college has been finalized and we relax a little bit before the next adventure. </p>

<p>FYI, I just logged in to check S’s account on a whim, to see if there were any changes after April 1. Nothing immediately apparent, but when I clicked on the link to his financial award, there was a new entry there for a Virginia Tech Scholars scholarship (previously it had just shown loans). So, worth checking… :-)</p>

<p>I checked online but didn’t see anything like that. Is your son in the school of engineering?
The scholarship should post on the letter you receive from Virginia tech. (financial aid worksheet)</p>

<p>Yes, COE. Clicked on the financial aid worksheet link, and it was included in the table with what had just been loans. The page said, “Revised 31 March 2014”. But, he hasn’t received an email or anything telling him to look there, so maybe they’re in the process and just haven’t completed everything yet or notified people to check, and I just got lucky…</p>

<p>Our second financial aid link is broken but I am able to view the first one. </p>