Scholarship

I got an email form VT saying based on my application to the school of engineering I may be interested in starting the freshman scholarship process. I applied regular decision, so does this mean anything? Does it mean I got in, but just have to wait until they release decisions, or is it nothing?

I got an email about this today as well

My son also got the email so I do believe that you can assume that you will be accepted. My D2 received something similar from URichmond a few years ago about being a Richmond scholar semi finalist and finalist before she ever received her acceptance. Good luck to you both

After hearing some other information I’m no longer sure that this means anything. I would imagine if you were chosen to move on to the actual scholarship application that it would then mean that you would be offered a spot at Tech. I can’t imagine that they would ask you to apply for a scholarship and then be denied, but who knows?

My daughter also received this email and an email that her application was forwarded to the Honors College.