Scholarships???

<p>I am a US citizen living in South Korea. I was accepted to Texas A&M on 12/12/2012 for the biomedical sciences major. I applied for scholarships by the scholarship deadline, December 1st. I was hoping to receive scholarships, and thus an out-of-state tuition waiver, but I did not receive anything yet even though it is late March. I got nothing in the mail and nothing on the Howdy Portal. </p>

<p>I have a 4.0 GPA and a 2250 on the SAT (1530 CR+M), so I thought I would be a competitive applicant for merit-based scholarships. I did not submit my FAFSA, because I am not looking for need-based aid. </p>

<p>I really need scholarships... What should I do? Should I wait longer? Should I submit my FAFSA? Do I still have a chance for scholarships?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>I am also in need of scholarship and wavier. On how many scholarships did you ticked in your ApplyTexas scholarship application? Did you applied for Corps of Cadets?</p>

<p>Submit your FAFSA since they might need that regardless of whether you need the aid. Call or email the scholarship office and your major.</p>

<p>@Confused786
I believe I ticked every scholarship in the scholarship application. I did not apply for the Corps of Cadets. I hope both of our problems are solved ASAP!</p>

<p>@Aggie84
I emailed the scholarship office and they told me that not having a FAFSA on file will not affect my consideration for scholarships unless they are need based. I guess it is something else other than the FAFSA that is giving me trouble…</p>

<p>All scholarships require a FAFSA and they won’t be released “until around the middle of April” as their FinAid office tells me, which I think is kinda bs cause two of my friends have gotten plenty of offers already but then again they’re top 8%.</p>

<p>Why is the FinAid office so inconsistent? I think I should submit my FAFSA then…</p>

<p>Your SAT scores are just great for scholarships but do you think your essays were good enough? Essays reveal a lot about one’s personality and that is what scholarship committees are interested in. At the end, there is simply no fixed recipe of getting a scholarship; just pray our applications had the spark that scholarship committees want to see.</p>

<p>I am a US citizen living abroad as you :slight_smile: Some A&M scholarships require you to be a graduate of high school from Texas. But you still have chances of receiving some scholarships. I think you should apply for FAFSA before the deadline.</p>

<p>@Confused786
I thought I had a solid chance for scholarships since I got accepted to Rice, UMich, UVa, and Boston College. Maybe I was wrong… Now all I can do is pray for the best.</p>

<p>@Kagraman
Don’t you think it is too late to submit my FAFSA now? It’s already late March… Did you get any scholarships??</p>

<p>Well as far as I know priority deadline has passed but you can still apply. it is free and will take 20 minutes to fill it. No, I did not receive any scholarships. But my SAT score was lower than yours. 1220 (CR+M)</p>