SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

My daughter was accepted - aerospace
GPA: 4.4W 3.9UW
SAT 1300
We are from SoCal but not local to San Diego (4 hours north)

She was accepted to SDSU, San Jose, Syracuse, WPI, Wheaton, NorthEastern

Waitlisted for SLO (and a few others back east). She did not apply to any UC schools

She really wanted an out of state experience but new that cost was definitely a factor. We went to the explore SDSU yesterday and after going to some sessions, a campus and housing tour and talking to students and exploring the booths she decided right then and there to commit. It was fun signing up there, they had people chanting and cheering and making a big deal of becoming an Aztec.

In the end she decided that if she wanted to stick with aerospace that is the best place to be (top 7 in nation) and if she decided to change her major she wouldn’t have a problem (unlike SLO). Plus the campus felt like a little city and the appeal of having an actual town to venture into - all of that is appealing to her. It seems well supported and I have no doubt she will do well.

Admitted
GPA 4.0
ACT: 25
Major: Hospitality Management

I was accepted back in January, but only recently decided that I would be going to SDSU due to several changes.
STATS:
ACT- 29
SAT- 1240
GPA- 4.17/3.98
Major: Microbiology

rejected

philosophy major
4.2 W GPA
1380 SAT
took 12 AP classes; earning A’s in 10 and B’s in 3

Accepted back in December, just decided on SDSU about a week ago.
Criminal Justice major

• SAT: 1140
  • UW GPA: 3.8
  • No APs
  • 2 Honors classes
  • Will have completed 53 community college credits by the time I graduate
  • Part-time job
  • A few ECs, not very strong tho
  • Out-of-state

After reading the stats of some applicants on here, I am surprised (and grateful) that I was accepted :slight_smile:

has anyone in march received their acceptance packets yet? I was accepted on 3/4 and haven’t gotten one yet, do they even send them out?

@c2019student my D received a large brochure with the “Next Steps”, it wasn’t in an envelope. We did the admitted students tour yesterday and it is the same one they handed out there.

I have a 4.46 GPA, 1340 SAT, an essay edited by a stanford essay reader, many AP classes, super involved in the school (10 CLUBS AND ASB) and I’m top 10 in my class. I got waitlisted at the honors college.

@marfooka: Were you invited during the priority application period prior to January 15th or did you apply on after?

My daughter just submitted her Intent to Enroll fee, so excited!

I was admitted in December and I was also accepted into the Weber Honors College (no scholarship from it though RIP).
CSU GPA: 3.81
ACT: 33 superscored, 32 not superscored
Eligibility Index: 1092
Major: Environmental Science
Out-of-state (Colorado)
If anyone else is in WHC and/or doing a major related to mine, feel free to PM me or something!

My D finally heard from Weber’s - accepted! She applied back in Nov, and was accepted to SDSU in March, and received email from Weber’s this evening around 6pm.

She has a 4.5 GPA and 1330 SAT, lots of extracurriculars, sports, and community service.

4.24/3.93 1320 waitlisted for honors ??‍♀️ glad my D already chose another school

@marfooka. u think the WL for honors might be because u expressed conservative values?

Does anyone know how the waitlist works for nursing? Are they ranked or is there another method?

just got off the waitlist. Admitted on portal (no email yet)

PRE - ECONOMICS QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS
In-state
GPA: 3.77
SAT 1480
EI 4496

They gave me 2 weeks to accept.

Son accepted off waitlist
In-state
GPA: 3.92
ACT 27
Lots of APs and HLs and Honors classes
Several ECs