Search class schedule

<p>Why does the class schedule for English 104 show all classes full and Professors as TBA. What am I missing??</p>

<p>My DD NSC is next week. Trying to work out a tentative schedule.</p>

<p>Professors hold seats so that they may be somewhat evenly divided amongst the NSCs. I wouldn’t worry about it too much for right now because seats will open up. You can also use myedu to create a schedule and then cross reference them with the Howdy website. I used it and got every class I wanted. It’s super super helpful</p>

<p>Thanks for the tip on myedu! We were using it to check professors but hadn’t looked at it long enough to see the schedule feature!</p>

<p>Yeah they hold a couple seats for each NSC. I went to this past one and I don’t think many spots opened…you might wanna consider a backup. I didn’t look much into that class because I have credit for it. Maybe consider taking it this summer, online, or at Blinn if you really do need it.</p>

<p>If she takes Econ 202 for her social and behavioral science that would take care of her freshman elective and a required course as a sophomore. Would she then be free to take any class she wants for 3 credits? how does that work?</p>

<p>I’m not sure how your major works, but for my major there really isn’t anything considered a “freshman” or “sophomore” elective. Even though it may be on the track as taking a free elective freshman year, it doesn’t mean that’s when it has to be taken. My advisor said (for my major) that no one has completed the classes on the degree plan in order. Personally, I’m saving all those elective classes for my last few semesters so I can get everything that is required out of the way. But if you wanted or had to take an elective freshmen year, then I would advise taking an easy one since it is the only time you get to pick your classes! I think any class works, but remember that some classes require you to be in a certain major or be an upperclassman. They really help you at the NSC. My advisor told me two classes I HAD to take during the fall, and two classes I got to choose.</p>

<p>On the ECON class, I don’t think courses can double count. If ECON 202 is required, then she would still need a social/behavioral science since ECON is part of the degree plan (I would assume).</p>

<p>She is a Business major. So I guess we need to focus on the 8 courses that are required to become upperclassmen and not worry about electives for now?</p>

<p>You don’t have to do it that way, but that’s how I am doing it. It really depends on what your advisors want! I think courses like ENGL 104 she would most likely take since they are pretty basic. My advisor encouraged us to only take 12 hours for the first semester, but if I was doing 15 I would take 12 hours of required courses and 3 hours of an easy elective to help lighten up the course load. Electives are not bad to take as a freshman, I’m just saying that you don’t have to go in the same order of the degree plan. I’m in a completely different college (Ag) so Mays may work much differently! I would advise talking to someone who has been through that major and ask what classes they took freshman year if you wanted to know before your NSC. Advisors have a couple of hours on the first day to talk to you about what classes they want you to start out taking and you don’t register until the following day. It is a good idea to start looking though :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice! We have been looking at class schedules. She is only going to take 12 hours. She is taking Math 141 this summer and if she is unable to get into Engl 104 then I guess we will have to choose some classes that are out of order according to their degree plan!</p>

<p>Not sure how it works for other colleges, I’m sure it’s the same, but in engineering we are encouraged to finish all the CBK classes. Once we finish those classes, they can evaluate the GPA and decide if we can move up to “upper”…as of now, we are considered “Electrical Engineering (Lower)”. Once we can get the upper status, we can start taking electives from Electrical Engineering courses.
The CBK class are the ones on the degree plan that are italized and bold. So I guess if we can finish those classes freshmen year, we’re on track with our degree. :slight_smile: plus taking some required non-CBK courses that our counted towards our degree plan.</p>