Seen any good movies lately?

I watched the Green Mile once and sobbed uncontrollably. I loved it, but could never watch it again.

3 Likes

I loved Bridge of Spies. Didn’t seem to get a lot of love/attention.

6 Likes

Yeah. It didn’t seem to get much attention. I found it particularly interesting since it’s mostly historically accurate (with some embellishments).

2 Likes

One of my favorite movies!

2 Likes

Agree with all of the above–I loved Bridge of Spies.

2 Likes

Loved Air!!!
First movie the four of us have watched together in a long time. And all of us enjoyed it quite a bit.

A special treat was all the ‘80s music…:but the cast was also loaded with favorite actors.

6 Likes

If you have access to HBO - tonight we watched Tina, their 2022 documentary about Tina Turner. Really good. And yes, I cried.

7 Likes

I’m going to watch Air and the Tina Turner documentary, thanks for these recs! I really can’t find much I like these days (not too violent, etc.). :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Netflix Clive Davis: Great bio even though self-serving with some inaccuracies.

2 Likes

One you can skip - 65. I didn’t absolutely hate it, but there wasn’t any character development and a super simple plot. At least it was only 1:30 and the dinosaurs were pretty cool.

1 Like

We finally watched Tar on the plane to kill some time. I thought it was excellent; my husband did not like it as much as I did. I can see why it got so many nominations.

3 Likes

Skip “The Son”. Horrible movie. Depressing and not well done.

Finally saw Banshees of Inishfree on a plane. When it was over, wife turned to me and said “Boy, that was hecka-Irish!”.

Captured the Irish mood for sure. Actually liked the ending (won’t elaborate and stir up the spoiler police)

7 Likes

Earlier I recommended “Boy”-a 2010 New Zealand film.

“Columbus” 2017. Captures great images.

“Lucky” 2017 filmed in Cave Creek, Arizona–not the film of the same name from a year earlier.

All three are outstanding. The acting in Columbus and in Lucky deserve high praise.

A Man Called Otto (Tom Hanks).

Inside Out (Edie Falco)

Both movies demonstrate exceptional acting.

3 Likes

Mitchell’s vs the Machines. Animated about a quirky family on a road trip that runs into a robot apocalypse. We all loved it.

1 Like

OOPS–Banshees of Inisherin. Inishfree was the fictional Irish village in The Quiet Man.

It’s actually “Outside In”. Edie Falco.

1 Like

Thanks. If you see the movie, you will understand that Inside Out makes sense.

There is a different movie titled Inside Out.

Saw Air based on recs here - it was really enjoyable! A bit slow going in the beginning but really good - excellent acting.

I’m very very late to the game but saw The Last Waltz for the first time this weekend (colleague insisted I had to see it). So cinematic with beautiful insights about the origins of American music!

3 Likes