Semester 1 Self reported grades

As a deferred applicant, my son got a request for first semester grades. There is also a space to add any additional info that has changed since the initial application. He does have a new job and I was wondering if they would consider that relevant new info…or do they just want school related items? The job is rather unique and was sought after by many applicants. Thanks.

Having a job while in HS is an extracurricular activity. Keeping up his grades with this added responsibility is terrific. Tell UW about. Can’t hurt and could help.

Thank you, @wis75

@MScarn . Same question here. The deferral letter says to “update your admissions file” with relevant honors, activities, etc. Looked everywhere in the MyUW site for the option to update this data, and seeing nothing. Did you happen to find where the application data can be edited (outside of address info…saw that option). Thanks.

My son was accepted early action back in December and also received an email last week requiring that he self report his recent grades. That struck me as a bit odd. Any other accepted students get this request?

@caveatesq We are in the same boat as you. I think this is a routine request.

@caveatesq

It is a common request. My son had to provide his mid-year grades to schools where he was accepted, deferred, and where we are still waiting for a decision. It keeps them motivated during the “senior slump”!

Same here - my son was accepted and got the same email request last week.

@snowdencole Yes, I found a place to put additional info after clicking on the tab to self report grades.