Senior grades

<p>sorry, this question keeps popping up, but nobody seems to have a definite answer.</p>

<p>3.0 unweighted GPA for UCLA and Cal right?
is this 3.0 UW for your entire high school GPA, for both senior semesters individually, or as entire senior year?</p>

<p>It is the cumulative senior year, however some people are saying that there can be no more than 2 Cs per semester (and no Ds and Fs), so I wouldn't take any chances to slack off at any rate.</p>

<p>^ Wow, really? Where did you find this out? I just want to be sure before I stop stressing about senior grades...</p>

<p>Check the other UC forums. There are probably like 10 posts about it apiece. You're probably in good shape though. My counselor told me that this one guy got a D in AP comp sci and was accepted to UCSD. He wrote a letter to the school and they let him take it again over summer school (he screwed up there again and now hes at a JC but w/e xD) If they extend leniency in that extreme respect, you should be OK.</p>

<p>EDIT
I just fished out my UC Irvine contract. All it says is senior year GPA, so yeah its a cumulative. No mention about Cs, but I believe the UCs have different policies regarding that matter. 3.0 weighted GPA. Good luck!</p>

<p>wait what do you mean by cumulative?
both semesters of senior year or the entire 4 years</p>

<p>Cumulative Senior Year (both semesters). Again, the UCLA forum people keep insisting that theres a <2 C's requirement but the Irvine contract doesn't mention that at all so it might differ with schools.</p>

<p>hey pepper are you completely sure
some people at school are telling me it's though all four years</p>

<p><em>Fishes out Contract again</em>
Under the 3rd check:
Your senior-year GPA in UC-approved courses must be at least a weighted 3.0
Under the 4th check:
If you receive a D or F grade in any A-G or college course in your senior year, notify the Admissions Office immediately and submit a copy of your grade report or transcript. Consult with your admissions counselor after you submit the information and be advised that you admissions may be subject to cancellation if your official transcript includes D or F grades in senior year or D or F grades in other semesters, including repeats, that were unreported on the UC application you submitted.</p>

<p>Clearly senior year, I doubt it would be all 4 years since UCs don't even look at freshman year for admissions purposes. Just keep it together for like 4 more months and then you have all of summer and then some to celebrate. Hope that helps</p>

<p>But it's the whole senior year put together? That's wonderful, considering I had a 4.3 for the first semester.</p>

<p>lolll i hear ya. i had a 4.1 first semester but now ehh...senioritis has finally caught up with me. i don't even think i could get a 3.0 ^^;;;</p>

<p>Ha ha, that's exactly what I'm going through, too. I think I missed a month of school this term... >_> Still should average a 3.0, though.</p>

<p>lol crap
my senioritis started when senior year started
got 3.0 first semester</p>

<p>i got 3.8 first semester by pushing up borderline c's to b-'s during finals.</p>

<p>this semester i'm struggling to hold a 3.0 UW...</p>

<p>Don't slack now everyone. No one wants to see his/her admission rescinded. :eek:</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>wait
how does that work i thought it was UW</p>

<p>oh, i meant weighted.</p>

<p>i had something like a 3.5 UW first semester.</p>

<p>Just so you guys know, according to my counselors, the UC system has never set out a required GPA for seniors. It has only established that D's are unacceptable. </p>

<p>This may be different for individual campuses as to what you need after you are accepted, but you'll be hard pressed to find somewhere that it lays out a single GPA. From what I understand, your admission is denied due to a combination of things, just as you are accepted because of a combination of things.</p>

<p>CAL and UCLA do specify an unweighted 3.0 for senior year. And no D's</p>

<p>I think (I didn't apply to all of them) the other UC's require a 3.0 or 3.5 also but some are weighted, some not. </p>

<p>The "conditions" of your acceptance, including your senior year GPA is spelled out in your Acceptance.</p>

<p>UCSD has an explicitly mentioned GPA for senior year too; that's in addition to the "no D's" clause.</p>

<p>**Okay, what if the D that you get in class happens to be due to a family death + everything around it? </p>

<p>I ended up failing a class (AP Calc) and doing horribly in the rest of my classes last semester. It's obvious that I did horribly last semester and it is definitely NOT a reflection of my past grades. I was planning on writing to all my schools letting them know about my situation. **</p>

<p>I was trying to get my counselor to let me drop the course (you cannot fail the first semester of calculus and except to understand the second) but they wouldn't let me because they said then I wouldn't be taking a "full course load". Right, because 5 APs + orchestra does not equal a full course load. Seniors only have to take 5 classes at my school, and at least 2/3rds of them do that. I, however, am taking 6 APs + orchestra. Ridiculous. They won't let me because they're too lazy and don't want to deal with paperwork. It's funny. It seems like my ridiculously prestigious school/school district is so focused on AP percentages and getting the highest scores west of the Mississippi that they don't give a crap about the actual student.</p>

<p>Yeah, enough ranting.</p>

<p>**They wouldn't rescind if it was a valid reason, right? I had a 3.0 GPA for the first semester.</p>

<p>Also, when should I send them a letter? I've only received admission from UCSB so far.**</p>