Senior schedule advice?

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I'm trying to decide which AP classes to take next year. Math really is not my strong point at all (I've always taken regular math and have consistently gotten B's) but everything else really is a breeze for me (the rest of my classes are all honors/AP and I always get A's). I've always excelled in English class and Spanish class. As for science, I struggled in Chemistry a lot but loved A&P and Bio. I took AP Euro junior year and absolutely despised it, mostly because I had a terrible teacher who purposely kept giving me bad grades and didn't want to teach, but I also didn't find the history too interesting either. However, I took Honors U.S History freshman year and absolutely loved it. I also had a spectacular teacher. I'd like to take APUSH but the idea of studying for another AP History exam frightens me, and I live in Florida, which requires me to take Econ and Gov before I graduate.</p>

<p>I'm eligible for 5 AP Classes next year:</p>

<p>AP Biology
AP Spanish Language
AP U.S Government and Politics/Honors Econ
AP English Literature and Composition
AP Statistics</p>

<p>Taking 5 APs is really unlikely. My mother really doesn't like the idea of my having such a stressful year, so she really doesn't want me to take 5 APs. So I kinda have to narrow it down.</p>

<p>I'm thinking about going Pre-Med for college, and I heard that for going on the Pre-Med track, it's strongly recommended that I have Physics before I graduate high school. Should I take AP Bio or Honors Physics? I mean, I'm fine with memorization, but as I have mentioned before, I struggle with math. So which class should I take? Also, the AP Bio class at my school doesn't have a good AP Exam pass rate.</p>

<p>AP Gov honestly sounds really boring to me. But is it hard? If the AP Exam doesn't require such a great amount of memorization as the AP Euro exam did, then I should be all right because I really despised studying for that exam.</p>

<p>And finally, AP Stats sounds iffy to me because 1) I don't like word problems and 2) I am not good at math. But for going Pre-Med, shouldn't I have at least one advanced math class? Or will my honors science classes make up for it?</p>

<p>AP Spanish would be a breeze because I am naturally good at learning foreign languages. I'd love to take AP Lit because I love reading and I'm a pretty good writer.</p>

<p>So should I just do this instead?:</p>

<p>Honors Physics
AP Spanish Language
Honors Gov/Honors Econ
AP English Literature and Composition
Honors Pre-Calculus</p>

<p>Or take Pre-Calc/Calc 1 (semester courses) through dual enrollment at my local college? </p>

<p>I just don't want my GPA to go down and at my school, an A in an honors class is worth 5.0, just as an AP class is worth a 5.0 so I could have a 5.0 GPA by just taking all honors classes, I'm kind of afraid to take the risk with AP Stats and Bio and Gov added to the list.</p>

<p>Any suggestions or advice?! I really need help because my guidance counselor is terrible and has no idea what he's talking about.</p>

<p>I'm not planning on going to any Ivy league schools either. Just state universities such as UCONN or Penn State or University of South Carolina or something like that. Thanks!</p>

<p>Brooke</p>

<p>Wow that was long.</p>

<p>Well no, I think I’ll have 7 (I’m going to a different school next year). I mean I had 7 in my private school, and I think it’s the same in public school. </p>

<p>I just listed the core academic classes :slight_smile: Should not take AP Spanish as a class and self study it? And then it will be:</p>

<p>Honors Physics
Honors Pre-Calc
AP Lit
AP Bio
Honors Gov/Hon Econ </p>

<p>What do you think?</p>

<p>Is your username in reference to the Catcher in the Rye? If so, that’s my favorite book :)</p>

<p>and I don’t even know lol. I think they’re just electives or something like that? I am so lost. I’m done with my required electives, so I think from here on it’s kinda up to me. If so, should I take like AP Psych or whatever to fill it up?</p>

<p>That’s awesome!! :smiley: </p>

<p>And thanks for your input!! I’ll consider that!!! :smiley: Thank you again!!</p>

<p>Any other opinions!? :)</p>