Should I re-take my SATs?

<p>I'm going to apply Early Decision to VT next fall, not sure if I'm going to apply to Engineering or University Studies.</p>

<p>Anyways, I was wondering if I should re-take my SATs, or just send the one score.</p>

<p>Critical Reading: 650
Math: 760
Writing: 620</p>

<p>1410/1600
2030/2400</p>

<p>Yes and no. Your scores are fine and won’t keep you from getting in. On the other hand if you can afford to take it again it can’t hurt you.</p>

<p>I agree with what chuy said. You should take it again if you can afford to, you may do better overall which could help with admissions and getting scholarship money.</p>

<p>Your score is fine.</p>

<p>Thank chuy for your comments, I know of your reputation and trust what you say. …I want to add that Virginia Tech has been a large part of my life, and I have been dedicated to attending the school for many years. I am not applying to Virginia Tech because of “low scores”., a 1410 could get me into many good schools, including UVA. Gaining admission to Tech is difficult…</p>

<p>take it again if you can afford it and you think you will do better otherwise you’re just wasting your time+money</p>

<p>@vatech12 - you said you weren’t going to apply to VT as 1410 wouldn’t get you in. My son was accepted to engineering early decision in December with a 1200. He is out of state & was the only one from his high school applying, if that makes a difference. If VT is truly your top choice, why not apply & see what happens? Then make the best decision on the schools that accepted you. Good luck in whatever you choose to do!</p>

<p>I never said that I was not going to apply. I AM going to apply early decision. I am just not sure if I want to apply to Engineering or just University Studies. I know that a 1410 is a good score (esp. with 760 Math) for VT, I was just wondering if I am already signed up for the June SAT, is it worth taking if I risk getting lower scores in all three sections (e.g. would this hurt my chances at admission).</p>

<p>It wouldn’t hurt your chances at all, Virginia Tech looks at your best scores from each section in order to make their decision.</p>

<p>I’m glad you’re applying. I read your earlier post which stated “I am not applying to Virginia Tech because of “low scores”., a 1410 could get me into many good schools, including UVA. Gaining admission to Tech is difficult…” which is why I thought that. Good luck!</p>

<p>Oh, I see! The context for that post is missing, because that user’s posts were removed. I meant that the reason I was applying was not “low scores”. Not that my scores are too low. He said hurtful along the lines of “I can see why you’re applying to VT, you’re scores are too low to go anywhere else”. So I replied that I am not going to Virginia Tech because my scores are low, because I know they are not low (and I could possibly get into UVA, etc.)</p>