Singer Invite?

<p>I was wondering if anyone here knows what's needed to get the Singer invite. I visited UM this past weekend and it's become one of my top choices for next year. The price of tuition, however is way out of my reach and it seems the only way i'd be able to afford UM is by getting the Singer. I know 1360 is needed to be considered or merit aid, i couldn't find anything about being considered for the Singer.</p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>You need to do well. There’s no official cut off, as far as I know, but you need to do very well. If you have a 4.0 UW GPA, you’ll probably want a 1400/1450+… as your GPA goes down, your SAT needs to correspondingly go up. </p>

<p>Are you sure you couldn’t afford it without a Singer? Because there are a LOT of scholarships out there that you can apply for. Be sure to look around. Also, be sure to fill out FAFSA and submit it to UM. Technically, they are supposed to meet 100% of need. Though I’d bet that their calculated need often differs from an applicants actual need. If you’re a Florida resident, you’ll also be getting an extra $6,000 or so from FRAG + Bright Futures.</p>

<p>^^^ Thanks for speedy reply :). Hopefully they’ll take rigor of schedule and EC’s into consideration. Looks like I’m on the border, as far as SAT/GPA go.</p>

<p>Hopefully I’ll get at least some merit aid. I do qualify for FRAG and Bright Futures, so hopefully it’ll take some of the financial burden off. I can’t wait till April… I wish I’d remembered to apply early action.</p>

<p>Are you a student at UM rankinr?</p>