Singer letter without 24K scholarship?

<p>Only 5 Stamps were awarded? How many full-ride sports scholarships does Univ of Miami give out? I hope academic awards are comparable…I mean there are very bright kids who are out there.</p>

<p>I have no idea about sports scholarships; I would call someone at the university to find out about that. Sports scholarships are completely separate from academic scholarships.</p>

<p>I just meant that universities should be awarding as many academic scholarships as sports scholarships. (esp. prestigious ones). I think Duke does that but I could be wrong.</p>

<p>I think a big part of these weekends is to gauge interest. They need to know which students are really interested and are considering finances when making their decision. Miami’s ranking has increased drastically in recent years but it’s reputation has not completly caught up. Many of the scholarship invited students will be accepted to higher ranked colleges so if $ is a factor than they will more likely choose Miami. This is my experience . I can also say that my daughter graduated from a nationally ranked public high school and Miami was able to get 3 of the top 15 in the class. A big factor was the scholarship $ offered.</p>

<p>I had wondered how many turned down the scholarship. There you have it - 5 awarded and 3 accepted.</p>

<p>Anyone else?</p>