SMU 2022 Spring admit

Not a very helpful response from SMU

Anyone get financial aid package yet? I am calling tomorrow

I sent a note to the Admissions contact and he said they were working on it. He did give me a contact name in FA, I will wait 2 more days before I chase them.

1 Like

I just heard from my admissions rep and she said they are working on them NOW. And that was at 2pm this afternoon. So hang in there everyone and let’s keep each other posted.

My daughter will commit to another school if FA is not out within a couple of days.

Is May 1 the other schools deadline? My other school is June 1 so I have a little cushion. Hope they are out by Friday, we’ll see.

The other schools she is considering have May 1st deadlines. We have some time, but the fact that SMU admitted our daughter to Spring term AND is taking forever to get FA info is really souring our opinion of SMU.

I get it.

Even tho Umiami was my top choice I wanted to wait for Smu to release FA so I could compare but I guess thats not happening anytime soon😡… if they dont release by today then I am going ahead and committing to miami

1 Like

Miami is an amazing school! Very different vibe than SMU but academics are equally as good (maybe even better?). Congrats!

We turned down SMU’s offer of Spring admission today since we never received a FA package from them. Between the Spring admission offer and the huge delay in putting together a FA package, we weren’t feeling the love from SMU. My daughter committed to Texas Tech’s Honors College instead. They offered her significant scholarships that made the offer too good to pass up. I’m still heartbroken she passed up A&M’s offer, but she made the choice to attend Texas Tech and I’m sure she will thrive there. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

You should have gotten an email with directions to setup a SMU email account. Once you do that the FA package is accessible. Not the best process.

1 Like

My daughter did set up the SMU email account but never got notice of a FA package. That’s okay though. It just wasn’t meant to be.

My son is a spring admit. Will go to London in fall. No FA offered. Are you saying once you make your deposit they may give you aid??

FA is before acceptance, but it is delivered to an SMU email account that they emailed us last week. My son is the same track as your son, Spring admit with London fall. He is down to 2 schools, if he decides SMU I will reach out, maybe they can talk before they ship off!

1 Like

Same same.

Hey Simba25 - just curious if you got your FA package from SMU. If so, was it about what you expected? My daughter ended up declining her admission offer. The FA package was just taking too long and we figured it would be way too expensive even with FA.

Hi. My son def headed to london and then SMU fyi. He is from Los Angeles. If your son still is headed to London, feel free to reach out.

No, he decided on Fordham, he did not get directly into Cox at SMU and did not want to take the risk. Best of luck, great choice, and the London school looks amazing.

Ah!! NYC, fun! I totally understand that. I think it’s competitive to get into Cox even once you are admitted and if business is a definite major, I completely understand. Best of luck there!