So, what do you think of the new board?

Maybe it was an “enhancement” for mods. Because I definitely accidentally liked my own post several times

1 Like

I think I was able to change the interface setting to public. Is that the only way people can send us messages? What information is available to others when we choose “public” vs “private”? I’d like to be able see posting history and message other people, but I don’t need my limited screen space taken up with posting stats or other info.

Is there a way to see who has “liked” any of my posts? On my profile, I have a list of the most liked posts, and then I can click to see my other replies, but that doesn’t tell me if the replies have been liked. I can’t see any other likes on my posts. And I apologize for being a narcissist, but I like seeing who likes my stuff😊.

I’m also a bit annoyed that all my old likes from the other platform haven’t been transferred over, but I guess the helpfuls still there would be lonely.

2 Likes

Clicking on the heart will bring up the avatars of those who liked. Then you need to drill down on the avatars.

Yes, but I can only do that if I know the post has been liked. Currently, I am notified of my top liked posts, but not the ones that only have one or two likes. I know this because we get a tally of how many of likes we have, but only the posts with the most likes are listed.
@skieurope

Agree, they are totally useless and I also don’t even recognize my own.

I just discovered that editing will also rewind the clock as far as where your post appears in the “latest” queue.

I have clicked on two links on the “dressing young” thread in the parent cafe- one click opened the same tab 16 times, the other click opened the same tab 21 times. On a laptop.

54 tabs opened when I clicked the Amazon silk pillowcase link in the Stocking Stuffer thread, this is in Chrome

I just had the exact thing happen in the “Retire” thread. I clicked on the later recommended external links about Roth conversions, and it started opening multiple copies – as in more than 20-30 and counting before I had to close out of the cafe to stop it. Went back and tried again, with no issues the second time.

And yet again on the stocking stuffer thread.

If I click on Preferences, I see my user name, profile photo, ets. At the end it says–Recently used devices–and there is a listing of all the devices I’ve used and my location, e.g., iPhone–City, State
Why is necessary for people to know a poster’s exact location? Can everyone see this and can I block it?

1 Like

I have the exact same question - hope we get a response

I think you only see that on your own profile- not anyone else’s. I assume the moderators/admins can see that information.

Moderators cannot see the information associated with your devices.

1 Like

@Bromfield2 @coffeeat3 That information is there for your security. If you notice someone logged in from an unknown location, you need to change your password immediately (and on any other sites with the same password). As admins, we will use that information to block (or verify) attempts from irregular locations. For instance, if you normally log in from Florida, but today’s login comes from Moscow, we probably need to verify the security of your account. (You could be traveling, but you never know :laughing:).

No one but you and the admins can see that information.

2 Likes

Are admins and moderators one and the same or are they different people?

Different

Well…the city listed for my devices is NOT correct. It’s nearby, but not the town in which I use my devices. The town line is about a mile away…but still…wrong town.

I almost exclusively use my ipad to access CC but yesterday had to wait in my car while my son was at a doctor appointment so I figured I would give the new CC a try on my phone (much harder to use). So I just looked in my profile to see what it said about my recently used devices. Turns out my phone’s location put me in a city in another state, at least 50 miles away. Since I’ve only used my phone to access CC yesterday, as it indicated, I knew it was me. However, it might’ve freaked me out and make me think my account had been hacked.

Just noticed I was promoted to “senior member”. Not sure if that is great, or simply reminds me yet again I’m getting old(er)!

6 Likes

It says my iphone logged in 4 hours ago from Atlanta, GA. It’s been with me in IL. Should I change my password or is that an error?