So, what do you think of the new board?

I don’t “send” emojis. I just click on them and they appear.

What happened this morning? Everything is different AGAIN? I was just getting comfortable with the last set of changes. This is getting ridiculous.

The notifications aren’t t working on my phone. It gives me the number but when I pull down the list of new responses to threads I’m watching, they are old.

It’s not working on my laptop either. It will show me a new notification, I click on it and it takes me to the middle of the thread instead of the ones I haven’t read.

I don’t see anything different…working on an iPad.

Could you describe what changed? As far as I know the only thing that’s changed in the last few days are formatting fixes for older posts and the emoji set. But if I’m missing something it would be helpful to know.

1 Like

@CC_Jon actually I did just notice a difference. The landing page when I open CC (the one with the photo) is different today. Plus for about a week, the little hamburger and the person icon on that page took me no where.

Now, the hamburger works and other thing does too.

There is now only one “enter discussions” button on that landing opening page. That’s definitely a change.

This is what that opening page looks like now @CC_Jon

And this…

@CC_Jon

But when I hit “search forum discussions”

I get…this…a bunch of nothing, and I need to then go to forums.

Not efficient.

@CC_Jon using a brand new IPad 8

1 Like

I’ll pass this along to the team. We’re doing work on the home page because it’s not a useful as it should be. It might take several iterations to get it where in needs to be.

1 Like

I also get this thing where my avatar indicates a post has been added to a thread I’m following. When I click it, im taken to some random older post. Today, twice, it was a post from the day before. (Not a last post, either.)

This has happened to me multiple times today as well.

Please please please don’t include all those avatars in your rework. Please.

2 Likes

Is there any way to reduce or eliminate the preview in Activity? When I’m there, I have to scroll and scroll to get from one thread title to the next.

This is the one that drives me crazy as well, I keep reading messages and can’t understand them because they are replies and I can’t see what they are replying to. This was much easier in the old format.

@CC_Jon ok…today the little hamburger doesn’t work on your opening page (the one with the picture). It worked yesterday.

Using a brand new iPad 8.

During my visit yesterday morning, every page layout was different. Landing, directories, threads, everything. Formatting and colors were the same, but the locations of things on pages was different. Using an iPad as I always do.

This morning, the landing page is now different and navigating to the forums is different, but the page layouts and forums themselves are back to what I had used prior to yesterday.

Not sure what happened, but the changes I experienced yesterday were disorienting…the content was there but I had a difficult time navigating the new layouts to find it. Fortunately, aside from the new landing page and extra steps to get to the forum directory, it’s back to what I am now familiar with.

When y’all are talking about “landing page” or “opening page” - do you mean collegeconfidential.com? I’ve always gone straight to the forums (talk.collegeconfidential.com) and I’m not seeing any changes. Am I missing something useful in bypassing the collegeconfidential.com page? I did check it out but it just looks like various links that put you into various places in the forums.

I did check the “search forum discussions” mentioned above and that’s exactly what I would expect - a search tool with various advanced options. Is that not what it’s supposed to be?

Must be the difference in using a smartphone vs. a laptop, which is what I am on.
Thank you for trying to help. The admins don’t seem to know or care.
In order for me to maintain my place in the thread, you all will just have to bear with me quoting everything I am responding to. Sorry.

Quote away to your heart’s content! Whatever works and is easiest. Happy holidays!

2 Likes

I think it’s clear the admins care. It’s unusual to have the sort of convo we’ve been having with Jon and Mike. I appreciate it.

6 Likes