So What Will We Know Tonight?

<p>My understanding is that we will see "accepted", "rejected" or "waitlisted" when we log into the VT Info System some time after 6pm tonight. But if you are accepted, you won't know whether you got into your desired major or university studies until you get the letter in the mail. Is this correct?</p>

<p>I believe that D’s acceptance came via e mail, and was just a copy of the acceptance letter that was mailed to her.</p>

<p>Good Luck</p>

<p>So she actually found out her awarded major via an e-mail…interesting. That would be great to get complete closure to this saga tonight!</p>

<p>Sorry 2014Dad, I just double checked to make sure I wasn’t telling you the wrong info. Her acceptance e mail was a big pic of the Hookie (turkey to me) that said she was accepted. This came earlier this month. She actually found out she was accepted into her major via the official letter, which came shortly thereafter. We are currently waiting on the FA package from VA Tech. Oddly, we have gotten most of her acceptances via e mail and they are copies of the actual letter that was sent (James Madison just the other day came that way as did Syracuse earlier). I feel your pain, we are waiting for a decision to come April 1st (Cornell) and it is very stressful!</p>

<p>My son also received an email, but it was for a general acceptance, not a definite major (engineering). His letter was received in the mail two weeks later, after I had emailed the school to inform them his letter had not arrived. He then received two identical acceptance packs a day apart for engineering. It was a little frustrating, since the early notification was to help let people make some decisions, but with out knowing if he had received his first choice, it wasn’t all that helpful. I think they need to rethink the email, and perhaps follow other schools in emailing a copy of the acceptance letter. However, he was glad he got into Tech and plans on attending in the fall. Good luck to all, this is my forth college bound student and I know it is a long wait, but it is almost over!</p>

<p>We are getting anxious to hear news today. Has anyone heard yet? If you have already been accepted, what does your status page look like?</p>

<p>check in 23 minutes…</p>

<p>is it an email? or will it be on our status page?
i just got waitlisted at UVA so… yeah :(</p>

<p>Both, I think…</p>

<p>are we for sure supposed to find out tonight?</p>

<p>6 minutes til 6
who said we were getting an email at 6?
i keep reading it on CC
but i havent seen it on the vtech website or anything</p>

<p>I’ve been told multiple times by VT admissions that decisions would be posted AFTER 6pm tonight…</p>

<p>okay…well it’s 6 now and nothing yet, so maybe 630ish</p>

<p>normally (for me), schools have shown a letter. the decision is somewhere in the first paragraph</p>

<p>nothing yettttt…are we sure it was today? :/</p>

<p>My college and career teacher said she was told they were posting it at 5:00 tonight, but it’s almost 6:30 and still nothing! Glad it’s not just me.</p>

<p>I got the email!</p>

<p>GO CHECK YOUR STATUS NOW!!!</p>

<p>I just checked mine to see if I remembered the password and, I’m in!
Haven’t gotten an email yet… soo…</p>