So, which classes will you be taking?

<p>Math 221
Psych 202
History 205 (The Making of the Islamic World: The Middle East, 500-1500)
Chem 103</p>

<p>Total of 16 credits. I was going to take Chem 109, but I dropped it because I need a full year of inorganic chem to get into med school (and Chem 327 and 329 are overkill for my purposes, anyway).</p>

<p>Math 221,
Psych 202,
Econ 101,
Bot 240</p>

<p>Math 234
Chem 109 as of now.. want to switch into 103; will probably sit in on classes and talk to professor.
Anthro 104
Ther Sci 105 - Introduction to Health Care Systems</p>

<p>Only 12 credits with 103!</p>

<p>I hear Chem 109 is killer heh</p>

<p>Go for it with chem 109- the "killer" course would be 115. You get a much better course if you take the less general-for-everyman course. The dept. is not out to get you, go into it with an attitude for success; if you don't do well you can switch. The advantage of 109 is in being able to take the analytical course one semester sooner, saving a semester of chem coursework; seeing the 3rd semester calc course on your list, you should be able to do fine. With an intro to health care systems, calc... are you premed? If so, you should learn to stretch yourself and try to get the best preparation possible. You will find it easier to study if you are challenged a bit, boredom is the easiest way to take a class too lightly and do poorly. BTW, I am a physician and was a chem major (115-116 were great courses eons ago, and I still remember the professor talking to the guy next to me in lab, he switched out of 115 to an easier course).</p>

<p>Unless you're majoring in chemistry, you don't need the accelerated course. Just take Chem 103/104, if you're premed. Yes, Chem 109/327 is a challenging combo, but it's overkill for the MCAT.</p>

<p>Nearly all med schools require a full year of gen chem, anyway... Chem 103/104 gives you that good foundation that'll you'll be needing later.</p>

<p>(At SOAR, a former adcom member of UW's med school told me to stick to 103/104)</p>

<p>Why not get the most for your educational dollars and take the best they offer that you can handle? Those who get by are not going to thrive or become the kind of physician I want to take care of me. It's sad when the goal is to do well on the MCAT, not make the most of possibilities.</p>