Social Scene/Academics at purdue

Hi everyone so I plan on majoring in aerospace engineering and I know purdue is one of the best schools in the country for my major. However the thing that is holding me back form purdue is the social scene. I currently go to an all boys high school so having fun and attractive and girls at college is pretty important to me. I know purdue is like 60% guys and 40% girls but does it really feel like that while on campus? is that extra 10% that noticeable. Also how are the girls at purdue, are they fun, attractive, social? I’ve also been accepted into schools like penn state, university of colorado boulder, university of maryland college park university of texas austin and some others. Schools were the social scene is a lot more noticeable at the school but their academics may be a little lower than purdue. Basically what Im asking is coming from an all boys high school, will purdue be social enough for me even with the people there, or should I take the social scene over academics. And if you do say take the social scene how will that affect my chances of getting a good job. Will a company real see that much of a difference between a purdue degree and a university of maryland college park degree?

anyone?

Most people don’t pay tens of thousands of dollars for college for the social life. They usually do it for the academics. Are your parents ok with the fact that you’re choosing a college and spending their money for girls?

Purdue is social. People talk and hang out and have friends. There are frats and parties and typical things. Don’t expect everybody in engineering to be like that, and definitely look outside of your major before you start complaining about girls.

Purdue >>>> University of Maryland. I’m pretty sure we have better industry connections, but I didn’t check.

But seriously. If you primarily want girls and social scenes, don’t bother spending tens of thousands of dollars a year on college. You could spend less money living in a city and blowing money on bars. College is about education first imo.

im not trying to say im going to spend all my time at the bars and stuff like that. Academics is my number 1 priority at college. However coming from an all boys high school where my social life was rather laking and it was hard to meet and stay in a friendly relationship with girls because i could only see them on the weekends, i would like a college with a very good social life. My #1 college is purdue because of their academics and the prestige of the engineering program, but the social life there is the only thing that is holding be back

What do you want from social life? What are your expectations?

People at Purdue are (for the most part) friendly. There are a ton of organizations to join.

Are girls going to go up to you and ask you out randomly? No. Will there be girls on campus? Yes. Do people get into long-term relationships? Yes. Are the girls attractive? That’s all based on your preferences.

There won’t be too many girls in your engineering classes. But there are tons of girls on campus.

Don’t worry about it. Girls won’t be easier to date in one school compared to another really.

is the 60% boys 40% girls that noticeable? and does greek life play a big role in the social scene?

Greek life is big at Purdue. But there is a healthy, non-greek social scene as well. Purdue kids are friendly across the board. As far as girls go, keep in mind that there are 30,000 undergraduates at Purdue. I believe the current percentage of girls is 43%, which gives you roughly 12,900 undergraduate girls on campus. There are many schools that don’t even have that many undergraduates in the entire school, boys and girls combined. I don’t see this as a problem.

No. Not just walking around campus. Note that in engineering colleges, girls make up ~10%-30% of the class, with some exceptions (IE, BME, maybe CHME).

okay thanks for the responses