some questions from an international students

<p>hi everyone
i'm so excited to join the u of miami in the coming fall :)
but right now, i have some problems concerning the arrival and some questions about the orientation and hotel (stuff like that)
i found the school website and the staffs are not very helpful, their answers are not very specific, so i wonder any international students out here have any personal experience can share with me.</p>

<p>-how far is the miami intl. airport to the campus?
-is there any shuttle service provide by the school between the airport and campus for international students?
-how far is downtown miami to the campus?
-is there any hotels around the school except the holiday inn?
-is there any housing provided during the winter break/long holidays? (the calendar said 'housing closes'?)
-where can i put my stuff in the summer? since i'm not bringing all my stuff back to my home country after the freshman year, then bring them all back to UM for the sophomore year...
-where can i find the whole year calendar? i can only find the semester calender on the website</p>

<p>thank you very much for you help!
i'm really nervous about starting college in another country</p>

<p>*and i just realized my title has a major grammatical mistake... 'from an international STUDENT'
cc doesn't let me edit the title :(</p>

<p>Here is the link to the academic calendar: [Academic</a> Calendars | Enrollment Management | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/index.php/registrar/calendar/]Academic”>Academic Calendars | Office of the University Registrar | University of Miami)</p>

<p>There are taxis/shuttles at the Miami airport that can take you to the campus. It is about 20 minutes ride. There are hotels nearby, but the Holiday Inn is perhaps the only one within walking distance. There are hotels listed on the UMiami website. </p>

<p>Housing is provided over Thanksgiving break and Spring break…RA’s are on duty in the dorms during those times. Meals are not served in the dining halls, but there is access to food near campus and grocery stores that are walkable. During Christmas Break the dorms are closed to all.</p>

<p>There are storage facilities that you can rent during the summer. There are great rates for university of miami students. There is a list on the U Miami website as well. </p>

<p>Not sure how far downtown Miami is to campus…can’t help with that! </p>

<p>I am sure that you are nervous…but just realize that there are plenty of people who can and will want to help you. So, between this board, your RA and the housing staff, advising staff and professors, you will be in good hands. Best of luck.</p>