Some sad news coming out of auburn tonight

<p>There was a shooting at an off campus apartment complex and it appears that at least 3 people are dead including 2 ex auburn football players and one current player. As many as 5 others may be wounded. Apparently there were football recruits there as well but no word yet on if any of them are among the injured. </p>

<p>As much as I hate them I don’t wish death upon any young person. May God bless the families of the victims at this time.</p>

<p>Very sad. Prayers for all those affected and their families.</p>

<p>How sad…for them, their loved ones and the community as a whole.
What sparks these tragedies is often minor but when there are guns around, the scene often escalates. If only people would learn that guns are what they are: they are “weapons”, maybe the message would sink in that someone could and probably will die, when these “weapons” are used.</p>

<p>Terrible news. Thoughts & prayers for their families.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Source: [Auburn</a> Shooting: Gunfire Near Alabama University Leaves 3 Dead, Say Reports](<a href=“HuffPost - Breaking News, U.S. and World News | HuffPost”>HuffPost - Breaking News, U.S. and World News | HuffPost)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Source: [Auburn</a> apartment shooting: Gunman on the run as two football players are shot dead ‘in fight over a girl’ | Mail Online](<a href=“Auburn apartment shooting: Gunman on the run as two football players are shot dead 'in fight over a girl' | Daily Mail Online”>Auburn apartment shooting: Gunman on the run as two football players are shot dead 'in fight over a girl' | Daily Mail Online)</p>

<p>Tragic, unnecessary, preventable. Too sad.</p>

<p>A little more on this…from what I can piece together, it appears that the instigators had left the party, but one of them returned and began firing. While it’s been suggested that he did so indiscriminately, I suspect he was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and simply had trouble hitting his intended targets. As it was, he didn’t even hit Vines, who was quoted in the AP article and who can be seen alive and (medically) well in pictures on al.com. The shooter, who as far as I can tell has neither been identified nor apprehended, is not believed to be an Auburn student.</p>