Son was offered a rooming reassignment to Blount Hall

<p>Just a quick follow-up for those who have been following my son’s saga re honors housing: He was offered a spot in Blount Hall and is quite happy. He looked up his suite-mates and they’re all OOS honors/engineers with good senses of humor, so he should be happy as a clam there. And, if not, he can still put in a request for suite-style housing after he moves in. I suspect, however, that Blount will be the perfect match for him as this was the kid who was originally looking at LACs that offer engineering. Blount Hall houses the Blount Initiative, so he’ll get to mix with a nice group of earnest liberal arts students while study engineering. Win-win!</p>

<p>Thank you to the many folks here who’ve contacted me offline to offer advice and support. This really is such an amazing community of families. I feel privileged to be a part of it. Roll Tide! </p>

<p>Glad that it worked out for him. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Glad to hear it has worked out! Blount is a nice location, too.</p>

<p>I’m so happy for both of you!</p>

<p>Yay!!! Thanks for taking the time to post here and update us. It warms my heart to hear all of this. You just seem to have had an incredibly positive attitude throughout this housing issue, and there’s a lesson in there for other families: things work out; trust the system; trust UA. Also, getting to know your roommates before move-in can be a very reassuring thing. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thanks, @aeromom. Part of the reason I was able to remain (relatively) calm was because I knew this issue crops up every year, and typically works out for families who are persistent AND polite in their efforts to get their children reassigned. We went into the process with our eyes wide open, believing if we stuck to our particular needs/principles, the issues would be resolved.</p>

<p>Nonetheless, if you KNOW Bama is a top choice and/or have no other conflicts (e.g., the Common Applicaton pledge, etc.), consider enrolling early and paying your housing deposit. Room roulette is NOT for the faint of heart! :-)</p>

<p>I am so happy for you and your son, @LucieTheLakie! I just love happy endings!</p>

<p>So relieved to hear it has all worked out! </p>

<p>I read often and post rarely, but I’m so happy it worked out!</p>

<p>Great news! I’m glad it worked out for your son.</p>