Sorority Recruitment date added

<p>“For the third year in a row, UA is expecting record-breaking numbers in terms of sorority recruitment participation. In order to accommodate the increase in registration, we have added an additional day on the front end of the formal recruitment schedule. Recruitment will now take place Friday, August 10, 2012 through Saturday, August 18, 2012. Please help us spread the word! For moreinformation about the changes in the recruitment schedule, please visit <a href=“http://www.uapanhellenic.com/[/url]”>http://www.uapanhellenic.com/</a>
or call the UA Office of Greek Affairs at 205-348-2693.”</p>

<p>Am email was sent Monday to all girls who are registered for recruitment and it was also posted on the Panhellenic website. We knew after Preview in March (where we scrambled to redo the schedule because there were so many registered) there was the possibility that the numbers would go through the roof and something would need to be done. As much as it has been a headache for some parents and PNMs (those who were supposed to move in the 10th) this extra day of Skit Day parties will be advantageous for both PNM’s and Actives. Adding a second day of Skit Day parties ensures that the number of girls attending the parties will be smaller and more manageable. Both PNMs and Actives will be able to get the one one time they need to find the perfect fit.<br>
The Sororities have been affected as well. For many Saturday the 10 th was slated to be an off day after a VERY BUSY work week and preparation for recruitment. Some sororities had rented out nail salons for manis and pedis for their members, the girls were looking forward to just relaxing, seeing their boyfriends and catching their breath before a VERY busy week. One recruitment chair for a particualr sorority was supposed to be in her sister’s wedding on the 10th (She will still be able to go…her exec board has stepped up…she is lucky that is not a night they would have been voting :/…it may not have worked out as well).<br>
All in all, it will work out for the better. Housing has been AMAMZING at shuffling move in times and accommodating parents and PNMs.<br>
As of Monday morning the registered number of girls was 1630 (1746 were registered last year when recruitment began)…I do know that the number has increased since Monday but I don’t have the exact amount at this time ( I would hate to put the wrong one down and create more panic ). We have also heard that right now quota is talked about being 100 (last year it was 73)…that also could change. Ultimately what this means is BIG BIG pledge classes!! We were hoping that DG colonizing would help alleviate the “bursting at the seams” pledge class numbers. We also knew that once the football team won the National Championship that recruitment numbers would significantly rise (there are stats to back this…they even show that just applications to UA would rise due to the big win).<br>
So stay tuned…I am so excited to be on campus and apart of this fantastic week. I have written many recs for both girls who have parents who post here and other young women both from Alabama and across the US. I have been so lucky to have spoken with so many great girls over the summer…I am looking forward to seeing where they find their homes.</p>