Sorority Recruitment GPA requirement

<p>Hi! I know that each sorority has gpa requirements. It was hilighted that each chapter has its own membership threshold that ranged from a 2.3, so it was suggested that each girl have at least a 2.3 going into rush. But in a packet, each chapter had "new member initiation requirements" that ranged from a 2.5-2.7. So do I need to have a 2.5 going into rush, or a 2.3? </p>

<p>Also, I had a very rough semester, so my gpa is actually a 2.0 but I am taking 6 credits over winter break as a gpa booster. I expect to get As in each course, which will cause my gpa to go up to a 2.7. However, I think finals is the day of pref round, so that gpa won't be seen by the chapters until it's too late. But if I explain that I am taking classes and expect my gpa to go up before classes start, do you think my chances will be better/they'll be more likely to give me a bid?</p>

<p>Contact the sororities you plan on rushing. </p>

<p>You won’t get much help here. </p>

If you don’t meet the GPA requirements, they cannot extend you a bid. I recommend contacting the Greek Life office and explaining your situation.

If rush doesn’t work out for you this semester, don’t worry too much! You can try informal recruitment in the fall or formal again next year!