Sorority recruitment

<p>Hi my DD is going through recruitment. No one in our family has participated before. She has called me and I don’t know how to encourage her through the process. It seems very stressful especially since I am in PA and not in AL. </p>

<p>any advice or updates from those who have been through it?</p>

<p>I sent you a PM. Check your messages.</p>

<p>Are you a member of the UA Parents FB page and the UA Recruitment Moms FB? If not, join. Lots of encouragement and info shared. </p>

<p>My D went thru it last year, we are in TX. The whole large SEC rush thing was new for us as well. Don’t worry. Let her know to just be herself and not get caught up in tent talk. Tell her to hang out w/ the girls that are more encouraging and not too bent out of shape. She will be good. </p>

<p>Rush at Alabama is overwhelming. Over 2000 girls, not sure of the exact numbers this year. </p>

<p>Best advice is to keep an open mind. Don’t listen to people talking about which house has this reputation and what house has that reputation. </p>

<p>Pledge classes are probably going to be over 120 girls this year (just estimating because of the large number of girls starting rush this year) and let her know that she won’t love all 120 girls but she will most definitely be able to find friends in those 120 girls. This goes for EVERY house! </p>

<p>With pledge classes that large she will be able to find a group who she’ll identify with no matter which house she pledges. </p>

<p>Alabama is generally pretty good at being inclusive during rush. Yes, some houses require recs and if she didn’t have them she was probably released but keep in mind there are so many awesome girls at every house. </p>

<p>It’s a whirlwind but keep an open mind and also don’t let things become too personal. </p>

<p>The girls in the house have favorites who get released and they are disappointed too. Think about numbers, with over 300 actives and about 120 pledges, there are going to be a lot of actives who did not get their favorite girl to pledge. So while she may have been released from her “favorite” house, that just allowed her to be able to experience another house which might be the best fit for her. </p>

<p>Best to her and Roll Tide!</p>