Spanish for Engineers

Hi all,
I am an incoming freshman at Alabama interested in taking Spanish.I took two years of Latin in high school but don’t remember much from them and would be, essentially, starting from scratch. I am a Chem E major-- taking Spanish is more of just a special interest and I’d really rather only take one course. I think Spanish for Engineers seems like a good match for what I want, but the class is taught in Spanish, which terrifies me. Any advice from past/current UA students who’ve taken SP 104 would be greatly appreciated.

that class is equivalent to two classes, as it is a 6 credit class.

I think that class is primarily for the engineering Study Abroad program: UA in Spain

Is it taught at UA? It may only be taught in Spain during the summer program.

Where are you seeing that it is taught in Spanish? If so, I don’t see how you can take it. Does it have prereqs? or a placement test reqt?

Looks like it is taught in English:

https://studyabroad.ua.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=10910

@Nerdyparent Is it only offered in Spain? It appears that it’s the 6 credit class that is associated with the UA in Spain program.

@mom2collegekids I think you are right. I believe SP 104 is a piece of the 9 hour sequence specific for the Pamplona program in the engineering school described here:

http://students.eng.ua.edu/programs/international/

It is not in the course list for Fall 2016.

Thank you for the input. I had looked up a syllabus from 2011 on UA’s OSM and saw it was taught in Spanish by Kenneth Fridley, who teaches at UA. I will double check at orientation but it does seem to be a summer only/perhaps study abroad only class.

Just looked up SP104 for Summer 2016. It is indeed for the Study Abroad Program,.
This year there are two sections, they are taught by Constance Perkins and Melondie Carter.

My advice to engineers interested in learning a new language: Chinese.

@TryinRyan123 The UA in Spain (or UA in XXXX) study abroad programs for summers are taught by UA professors that go on the study abroad as well.