Spring Registration

<p>older (senior) students might not be that likely to use the schedule builder and cart. they have been doing it the old way for a long time now. why bother with learning how to use the new way when they won’t be using it again.</p>

<p>i know my kid didn’t even look at it.</p>

<p>I am nervous about having to do this on Thursday…</p>

<p>you shouldn’t be nervous. </p>

<p>this is something your kid should take care of herself.</p>

<p>I like the schedule builder. Wish I had known of it before.</p>

<p>Son wanted to use it to play with his classes in case any new electives get added or changes in class offerings are made.</p>

<p>DD only has classes on TR and goes from 1-5 non-stop, so she can’t do it herself as her time is 2 on Thursday.</p>

<p>Why lose the privilege of early registration?</p>

<p>well, then, by all means, help her out.</p>

<p>she only has 4 hours of classes two times a week? sweet schedule!</p>

<p>maybe you can take a peek a little beforehand to see if there are openings before her time so you can make adjustments if needed.</p>

<p>the registration cart seems like a nice idea. hopefully, it works as advertised.</p>

<p>I used the schedule builder and “cart” to register D this afternoon and it went well. She did have one class in her cart that required an override. All of the other classes in her cart registered without a problem, it just wouldn’t register the one class. Didn’t know it could be a problem with the schedule builder. I told D it didn’t register the one class and she went by the department to make sure the override was in the system. They sent her an email and said it should be fixed so I added it (she didn’t have her laptop and wanted to make sure it worked before the office closed). </p>

<p>I don’t know if I had tried adding it separately earlier if it would have worked, or if there was a problem with the actual override. Either way it sure was fast to just hit the register button on her cart.</p>

<p>She has morning classes TR too, but they don’t conflict with registration.</p>

<p>Btw, we THOUGHT TR would be great, but in practice, it means multiple tests on the same day, so new plan for next semester is MTWR ( no Friday) to spread it out…</p>

<p>My D registers at 7 am tomorrow. She missed registering today by 1 lousy credit hour - hope that doesn’t make a difference! She has everything in her Registration Cart, ready to hit the Register button, with the CRNs handy in case it’s necessary to revert back to the Add/Drop method. She’s a sophomore with 4 more registrations ahead of her after this one, so it was worth trying out the Schedule Builder. As far as I know she has no overrides or other special circumstances, so I’ll report back to let you all know how it goes.</p>

<p>TXA, my D is still dreaming of Fridays with no classes, but hasn’t managed it so far. Last year it was CBH that met on MWF, and this year there have been classes she couldn’t take any other time that met on Friday. Maybe someday before graduation . . .</p>

<p>yeah, DD2 thought taking classes just two days a week sounded like a great idea. i vetoed that idea for her. that would mean all kinds of work due and tests on just those two days. um … for her … absolutely NOT! </p>

<p>if there is a reason for it, like commuting from afar or something, then it might be a good idea, but if you are a full time student and living AT the school, probably not the best idea. </p>

<p>my UA daughter has had classes all five days her whole time there (i think). next semester will be the first time she will have a day off (friday).</p>

<p>My engineering son has had classes all five days, too. Seems almost impossible he will ever get a full day off during the week.</p>

<p>Beth’s mom, the only thing worse than missing the cutoff by 1 hour is missing it by .36 hours because transfer credit hours were recalculated as the school they were received from is on quarters. Let us know how the cart thing goes. I have registration duty, too, because son is in class.</p>

<p>The Schedule Builder Registration Cart works like a charm! Push one button, all classes registered within seconds with no problems at all.</p>

<p>DS registered this morning at 7am, using the schedule builder, with no problems.</p>

<p>I don’t know if my D used schedule builder. I am not familiar with it. I know in the past, she just put in the CRNs and registered. </p>

<p>She is deep into her major and all the courses she needed are offered at set times. So no real conflicts and it’s doubtful anyone wants her schedule. :)</p>

<p>^^ This semester seemed less “competitive” in terms of getting into courses than the first two semesters. I think it’s a combination of the priority registration, being deeper into the major and getting into the upper division business core courses that are huge lectures with loads of seats. My D had much smaller classes last year than this year, so she was vying for many fewer spots then.</p>

<p>Registration time: 2:00PM.
Registration complete: 2:01PM</p>

<p>DD got every class she wanted, even the UH 210 class that was “full.” They must have opened up a seat right at 2PM.</p>

<p>Priority registration is a godsend. Makes getting into those small section classes much more likely.</p>

<p>Meremom, DD also got into the UH210 she wanted that was listed as being full! Thank goodness more seats opened!</p>

<p>Congrat to your DD! The text I got from DD with her news was full of confetti and party hat emoticoms!</p>

<p>I guess the advice to take from this is to go ahead and try for the sections that have not released all their seats but say full (i.e., all released seats are full). You’ll never know if more seats are released unless you try.</p>

<p>DD said the Honors College told them seminar seats would be released throughout the week but didn’t give them a timeline. Guess we hit it at the right time! :)</p>

<p>Just heard from freshman son, registering for the first time “on campus”. He reported that he got an error message preventing him from registering for one of his classes, Engr 171. He said he emailed advisor, who replied in “like 2 minutes” and problem was solved. Just wanted to happily report that great response time from engineering advising.</p>