Student Football Ticket Opt-in Follow-up Emails

<p>Ok, y’all crack me up! I have another football related question. How do we (both students and parents) get tickets to away games? We’re thinking about going to the game in College Station…because nothing would be sweeter than seeing the Tide roll over them in their home!</p>

<p>Returning students opt-in for away game tickets. Opting in does not guarantee you the ability to buy a ticket. Depends on demand and how many tickets UA received.</p>

<p>Here’s an older thread that will give you a glimpse of how the process works</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1347176-update-ua-hours-needed-away-tickets.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1347176-update-ua-hours-needed-away-tickets.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Since your son is a rising frosh, you will just likely have to go through regular ticket channels or a broker. Sometimes an alum association or connection with the alums can help you out.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Around here, we call that Thursday.</p>

<p>Our DS “doesn’t care about sports” even at UA. We are encouraging him to attend his college games because it is part of the university culture. Prior to the championship game he was calling the Irish team “future loosers”; but failed to actually watch the game.</p>

<p>In business I found it was easy conversation among colleagues, supervisors and customers.
We also discovered that colleges who went to the Rose bowl had more difficult addmission rates. </p>

<p>I hope DS appreciates the sports/economic/academic relationships.
DH spent much more than $76 for 3 of us to attend one game.</p>

<p>Sent from my GT-P5113 using CC</p>

<p>Thanks Class2012mom…:slight_smile: I am actually already working on going with a dear friend, who’s daughter is an Aggie freshman this year, and friend of my son’s. The mom is a fellow Longhorn, so she’s happy to sit amongst Bama folks, the boy on the other hand will likely end up smack dab in the middle of the Aggie student section (yes, standing the whole game, only Ag’s would think that’s a good idea!). I just didn’t know if there were any options from the Bama side, will look for that next year…:)</p>

<p>sanctonative, my ds is a freshman right now and before he attended UA he never went to a football game. I don’t think he even watched an entire one on tv. I told him that I would buy him the A game tickets and asked him to at least go to two of the games, just to give it a chance. He loved it, and ended up getting tickets for the other games too. I think he liked the atmosphere, marching band, school spirit as much, or even more, than the actual game. It didn’t hurt that this year they had a winning team too.</p>

<p>S met an older alumni from UA in our hometown recently and because he was into the football this year, was able to “talk” to him about the season (my son doesn’t talk to adults very easily…more of an “answer type of guy.”) This connection MIGHT lead to an internship this summer as he gave my son his business card and told him to start a “dialogue” with him. Alumni wants him in the office to laugh at the Notre Dame co-workers with him. Thankfully S had something to talk to him about!</p>

<p>txdoula, my D has a lot of friends from her hs that will be going to that a/m school down the road. D plans on flying from BHam to Houston and then staying with her friends in the drom and going to the game. Wearing crimson and white Bama of course :)<br>
Your S will not be alone at that game in the sea of aggies and rooting for Bama :)</p>

<p>KJCphmom- We went to Parent’s weekend game with him and he knew the fight song. Said he had to learn it for Alabama Action! He is a High School Band nerd so he prefers to sit near the MDB.
There’s nothing like it in California! Roll Tide!</p>