Student Sports Tickets

<p>So I have a a question. How is the process of getting student football and mens hockey tickets? I just want to sort of know what to expect the day of buying them. Also i heard like once you are in you can buy your friends tickets too if they are students? is this true? Because I want to buy Mens hockey tickets for my self and a friend that is working when they go on sale.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Also if I could extend badgerbabe’s question to accommodate basketball tickets too.</p>

<p>I noticed on U Wisconsin’s website that it used to be a lottery system but now you buy them… I can’t really find a great answer. Does anyone know how you get football, basketball… tickets? Also are they hard to get if you want them?</p>

<p>All major sports have used a lottery and you can use any student ticket to get in. They change the system all the time becuase there are more people wanting tickets than there are tickets so somebody is always upset. Good news is there are nearly always game tickets for sale for OK prices. You want to go you can go and for less than a C note. only a couple games demand high prices–Nebraska and OSU right now and maybe Michigan for football. MSU for bball. Other games can be had below face value. Very active market before and at games.</p>

<p>Barrons,</p>

<p>This is what I found that did not correlate with the lottery system</p>

<p>[April</a> 2011 Badger Parent: Football Ticket Sales Process](<a href=“http://www.parent.wisc.edu/badger-parent/201104/footballTickets.html]April”>April 2011 Badger Parent: Football Ticket Sales Process)</p>

<p>That being said, you can always get student tickets through the lottery (not hard to get if you’re diligent about waking up at 6AM or whatever and buying them right when they go on sale) and even if you’re not planning to go to many games, you can always sell your ticket - for some games you can make a good amount of money (and many freshman will pay any price if they really want a ticket right before a game, lol).</p>

<p>So do you mean that you can buy them at the start of the season (bundled together for one price) or buy them individually through a lottery?</p>

<p>How to purchase tickets</p>

<p>Wisconsin Football student season tickets are sold online at UWBadgers.com. Student season tickets for all seven home games in 2011 are $154, plus a $20 processing fee.</p>

<p>To purchase tickets online, all students will need their Student ID number (also referred to as a Campus ID number).</p>

<p>All returning undergraduate and graduate students should use their student ID number and their existing password to purchase student season tickets. It is recommended that returning students login to their online account a few days prior to the on-sale to avoid possible issues with accessing their account once the on-sale begins.</p>

<p>All new students and those students who have never purchased student tickets online will need their student ID number to activate their online account prior to purchasing tickets. Incoming full-time undergraduate students will have two weeks to activate their online account, beginning June 6. Incoming graduate and professional students will have one week to activate their online account, beginning June 29.</p>

<p>Ticket On-Sale Dates</p>

<p>Two separate on sale dates have been established for undergraduate and graduate and professional students. All full-time undergraduate students (continuing students, incoming freshmen, transfer students and Connection students) can begin purchasing their student football season tickets on Monday, June 20, at 7:30 a.m. CDT. Sales will be exclusively online at UWBadgers.com and tickets will be available while supplies remain.</p>

<p>All full-time graduate and professional students (returning graduate and professional students and incoming graduate and professional students) can begin purchasing their tickets on Monday, July 11, at 7:30 a.m. CDT. Tickets are going on sale to graduate and professional students after the undergraduate ticket sale due to the later admittance of many incoming graduate and professional school students. Like the undergraduate student sale, all graduate and professional student season tickets will be sold exclusively online at UWBadgers.com and will be available while supplies remain.</p>

<p>Since the undergraduate sale opens more than two weeks prior to the graduate student sale, a total of 1,700 tickets will be held for graduate and professional students. This allotment is based on historical sales data. In the unlikely event any graduate and professional student season tickets remain unsold after 4:30 p.m. CDT on July 12, any full-time undergraduate, graduate or professional student who has not yet purchased tickets for 2011 would be eligible to buy these unsold tickets beginning at 7:30 a.m. CDT on Wednesday, July 13 until they are sold out.</p>

<p>[UWBADGERS.COM</a> - The Official Web Site of The Wisconsin Badgers Athletics - Tickets](<a href=“http://www.uwbadgers.com/tickets/fb-student-tickets.html]UWBADGERS.COM”>http://www.uwbadgers.com/tickets/fb-student-tickets.html)</p>

<p>Getting football tickets is both a rite of passage and quite a feat. You absolutely no question have to log on the day the tickets go on sale. Watch an atomic clock and start clicking furiously when the clock hits 7:30 am on June 20th. Students (undergrads, at least) take it pretty seriously. There are no single-ticket sales for students. There will be no season ticket packages left by 10 am - I believe tickets sold out in less than two hours last year. If you can get them, take them… game day Saturdays in Madison are as glorious as everyone makes them out to be :)</p>

<p>If you don’t get them, that’s okay too, just so you know…most tickets you can get through Craigslist for a reasonable price. But try for them!</p>

<p>As I said, they have (past tense) used a lottery and last year went to the first come first served model and those that did not get them or had a hard time being online at that exact time were still unhappy. What they do this year may change next year. And there is still some lottery aspect in getting the actual seats for some events. Actually the whole thing is more complicated than figuring out your graduation requirements. When they all sucked it was not a problem. You just walked up and bought season tickets. Now that is impossible as many seats are reserved for $$$$ donating alums. That’s how they made all the facility improvements and the students decided not to contribute so they fell to the end of the priority list.
But as RoxSox said, there are almost always tickets to buy and often below face value except for a couple big games. Getting tickets is part of learning to be an adult and manage uncertainty. The more aggressive get the goodies.</p>

<p>“Getting tickets is part of learning to be an adult and manage uncertainty.”</p>

<p>Talk about making lemonade out of lemons!</p>

<p>Yes, it’s tough having top teams in three major income sports where demand far outstrips supply. Uva should have such problems. And no, baseball and lax don’t really count. But congrats to UVa for their success in the minor sports.</p>