Silly questions about football tickets!

<p>So, I've searched around and asked questions when I was at SOAR, but I never received a direct answer, and it really seems like it shouldn't be this complex. How does one get tickets for this upcoming football season?</p>

<p>I mean, I don't want student season tickets, as I wouldn't go to most of the games, and I think I understand the lottery system for that. I want to know how to buy tickets for one game (UWBadgers.com</a> - The Official Web Site of the Wisconsin Badgers**?) , but what I'm really concerned about is price.</p>

<p>Is there a student discount for all tickets, or just tickets in the student section? Are there limited amounts of student discount seats, and are those the student section seats? Can you get those seats if you don't have a season pass? I know some people with season tickets sell tickets off the street or via advertisements, but I really just don't know how to go about the process. =[ How much do tickets to a game usually cost? I would imagine it would vary depending on who's playing.</p>

<p>Really, I just don't understand how the process of getting seats at the games works. Can someone explain this mysterious process to me? I really should be able to figure this out, I know. =P</p>

<p>get scalp tickets...</p>

<p>I know you can do that. I was wondering about other methods. =P</p>

<p>Going through a scalper or the "official" resale site, UWbadgers.com are pretty much the only way to get single game tickets. Most game tickets go for more than face value in the aftermarket. The official site has tickets for face value. Rarely, there are single game tickets available through official channels but usually they are for the non Big 10 games and are the ones very closer to the field or obstructed views. </p>

<p>As a local resident, we were on a waitlist 10 years before being offered season tickets. We pay $100(to the Badger Fund) plus face value plus seat back costs for each of our 2 seats every year. So most season ticket holders pay more than face value by design.</p>

<p>Try getting some from a student in your dorm who won't be using them, son did that once when someone was going home for a weekend. I think they should have more student and fewer public/alumni seats, but those are the ones that bring in the money...</p>

<p>wis75, Yeah, that looks like the route to go. It's just my brother was wondering if I got a student discount on general seats, but it looks like that's a no. Oh well. =]</p>

<p>And you know what? I completely agree. You always hear, "It's for the students", and look who gets some of the crummiest seats and has a very hard time getting tickets. If it was so for the students, then there would be more student seats, and the students would really get *some *sort of priority. =| It's for the money, though, yes, yes.</p>

<p>Exchangehut.com is the place you want to go if you want to buy a single student ticket. You can always scalp tickets that aren't in the student section on the street, but if you're a student that's not where you want to be. The Wisconsin Student Section is one of the best in the country, and an experience you shouldn't miss out on.</p>

<p>There is a VERY active market in student tickets with most games going at or below face but a couple will cost you $50 or more.</p>

<p>If you're a member of Facebook, check the marketplace for listings for football tickets. There are always a ton of them the week before the game, but your best bet is to get them Friday when people are desperate to sell.</p>